Bomgar Remote Support Review

Response times are quicker and more efficient

What is our primary use case?

We use Bomgar Remote Support to manage a fleet of more than 3000 computers across four campuses in two counties. This support extends to both hardware and software support in addition to assistance as needed for more than 1500 employees and an annual count of over 25,000 students.

How has it helped my organization?

Bomgar has given us the ability to manage the majority of our calls from a remote location making response times quicker and more efficient. We also have the ability to knowingly offer support to students from their homes, which extends conveniences, such as password resets and assistance with class registration.

What is most valuable?

I personally like the ability to share files with other machines. It gives me the ability to harvest the tools that I need for a job before handling them when I connect to that machine. I simply move that package over to the machine that I need to work on, then perform the needed work.

What needs improvement?

Bomgar is an inclusive software package. It has been improved upon several times already.

More than five years.

Stability with Bomgar has been solid. We have no complaints.

There seems to be no scalability issues with Bomgar, regardless of the number of technicians we have using the system or the number of devices that we have in session at one time.

We rarely need support for anything, but when we do, they are on it and always helpful.

We were using LogMeIn before deciding to go with Bomgar. While LogMeIn was a decent solution, Bomgar had several features that we liked. These features were not supported by LogMeIn.

As for setup, we had Bomgar come in and assist us with it. It was not difficult. The things that they needed to know about our domain were readily available. It was a smooth transition.

Bomgar sent a team and they were fantastic. Adoption and deployment were quick and smooth.

This is a hard one to factor in. Before Bomgar, we spent 80% of the time running from building to building and to the campus installing the software, also training employees. This has been turned upside down. We are much more efficient now than before. That allows us the ability to turn over tickets quicker and get people back to work faster. The ROI for this product is fairly quick.

Ask a lot of questions. It is not the most cost effective solution on the market. We believe for the money, it is worth what you pay.

We evaluated a few different options, like UltraVNC and TeamViewer as well as others. None seemed to compare to the proprietary nature of Bomgar and their ability to record each session.