Documentum Review

Documentum was stable, but it did not serve our business well

What is most valuable?

Version Tree Branching. Bulk document edit. Hierarchal navigation. Document annotation. At the time webtop was an integration point we wanted into our products CM.

How has it helped my organization?

We were able to meet ISO 9001 QMS Standards and add a more robust CM integration to our product base.

What needs improvement?

After implementation, I was pleased with the functions of the application. Design and newer functionality should always be evolved.

I used this solution for approximately 5 years.

Yes, system deployment was complex and very tedious.

No, after the deployment, we found the system to be reliable. Not the fastest system, but stable.

Never had to scale to meet demand.

Customer Service: I would rate the service below average. This was three years ago, so maybe it has improved since.Technical Support: Support was average. My involvement was not only user level, but development integration level also. I had more difficult questions I am sure than the average user.

We had integrations to several content management applications. We ended up not choosing this option in-house as we felt it was too much. Just not a good fit for us.

The initial setup as per their install guide was pretty spot on. As we customized, it became more complex. This could be due to our unique business rules or because we were building an integration to the software.

Ours was an in-house implementation. We did lean on support a few times and it was average support if we were not dependent on a time line.

What other advice do I have?

Be sure that you can invest the time for implementation on this also, use their technical services team. The software does what it says it does, but make sure you have considered cheaper options.
More Documentum reviews from users