OpenText Documentum OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

OpenText Documentum is #4 ranked solution in top Enterprise Content Management tools. IT Central Station users give OpenText Documentum an average rating of 8 out of 10. OpenText Documentum is most commonly compared to OpenText Content Suite Platform:OpenText Documentum vs OpenText Content Suite Platform. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 28% of all views.
What is OpenText Documentum?

EMC Documentum is an enterprise content management platform that was purchased by EMC from the original developers in 2003.

EMC Documentum offers a range of products that are all highly integrated, secure, and cater for the full information lifecycle. The workplace has become increasingly dispersed, mobile and social, and EMC Documentum provides information solutions to align with these new business requirements.

OpenText Documentum was previously known as Dell EMC Documentum, Documentum .

Download the Enterprise Content Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

OpenText Documentum Customers

Bank for International Settlements, Postel, GSD&M, Agility Logistics, and E.ON

OpenText Documentum Video

OpenText Documentum Reviews

RC
Enterprise Architect at a computer software company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Secure document storage that is stable, has good support, and good search capabilities

• "The most valuable features of this solution are the security, storage, and document search capability."
  • "An area that needs to improve is how to reduce storage space on the AWS site."

What is our primary use case?

Most of the solutions that we get are to be built on top of the platform. The platform can't be leveraged as it is. Most of the applications are customized applications that follow a particular life cycle workflow.

We build custom solutions on top of SharePoint, Documentum, and Adobe. We build applications for a lot of government organizations.

The content gets captured by a customized portal, which is written in Java, then the documents get generated via the Adobe and then get published and stored onto Documentum.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

An area that needs to improve is how to reduce storage space on the AWS site. Also, scaling up is difficult and we need to look at how to scale a system. If the documents increase the application size, then we need to know how we take care of reducing the size as well as scaling up the application.

In the next release, I would like to see more cooperating workflows, better integration with other systems, and RESTful services.

I have been using Documentum for eight years.

This solution is stable and it is one of the best products that we have.

This solution is scalable, but for large scale implementations, we would always prefer Documentum, rather than SharePoint.

Currently, we have over 25,000 simultaneous users and the total users are more than 40,000.

The technical support is good.

The initial setup was a bit difficult. After we read the documentation, the setup and configuration documents, and with the help of the videos, it was easier.

Initially, it took a lot of time to understand the architecture and planning the capacity.

It took a few days in total to deploy.

What other advice do I have?

I would always recommend this solution and rate it an eight out of ten.

NJ
System Documentum Administrator at a energy/utilities company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Centralized storage with good security

• "The most valuable feature is that the documents are kept secure."
  • "The user interface can be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We use Documentum to store important documents for HR and other departments.

How has it helped my organization?

Using Document has improved document organization and also made them more secure.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is that the documents are kept secure.

You can store everything in a central location.

What needs improvement?

The user interface can be improved.

Searching for documents is complex and should be easier.

We have been using Documentum for more than ten years.

This has been a stable product so far. Our legal and financial departments are using it, and we haven't had any issues.

We are only using Documentum in-house, so there isn't a heavy usage. We have about 1,000 users in total, although there are only about 100 using it concurrently.

For our purposes, scalability has not been an issue.

Technical support is okay and I would rate them an eight out of ten. In some cases, the time it takes them to respond can be improved.

The company started with Documentum, although we also use SharePoint as well. SharePoint is missing some features, such as document retention. It is better for collaboration, whereas Documentum is better for storing private documents.

What other advice do I have?

We are not using all of the features but from what we do use, I think that this is a good product. It is secure, we can store all of our documents in a central location, and we don't have any plans to change.