Freshservice Review

Useful for tracking, merging, and assigning tickets

What is our primary use case?

We use it for IT help desk purposes and tracking the inventory. Specifically, we use it to do ticketing for the end users to handle IT requests.

How has it helped my organization?

We are able to track what's going on and export the information. We then do some data visualization in Excel to get the statistics and see the number of tickets and their categories, which provides us more visibility about the things related to the IT help desk and user requests. It also helps us in keeping a track of the assets. For example, a Windows agent can be installed on client workstations to track the assets and check if there is anything strange.

What is most valuable?

We find its ability to track what's going on with each request very valuable. We are also able to merge ticket requests and assign them to different groups in the company. We have another department that uses the same system.

What needs improvement?

They can improve the search. While searching the inventory, when I cancel a selected category, the search box disappears, and I have to reload the page. It is a small glitch.

Currently, we can have only one plan per subscription. All users have to be on the same plan. We can't have two users for plan A and five users for plan B. It might be good if there was an option to have different plans within one subscription so that you can assign each agent to the corresponding plan.

I have been using this solution for about a year.

It is stable. It doesn't have any outage or governance issues.

It can scale well. To scale, you just get more licenses. It doesn't have any limitation on how many requests you can have because the license is based on the technician or the agent. You can expand it if you have expanded your team of agents. It is flexible.

We have around seven people right now. About half of them are for the IT support and half of them are for the operations support.

Their technical support is good. Usually, their response time is pretty fast, and they do follow up to make sure that the case is closed. We always get the answers to all of my questions except one time when there was confusion in communication. I asked some questions, but they didn't exactly answer them. I again had to explain the questions.

We have earlier used SpiceWorks for the ticketing system. We switched because we didn't want to maintain the system and do things like hardware and software upgrades. We just wanted to install a system and focus on the usage of the system.

The initial setup was pretty straightforward.

It is good for the price you pay. It has different plans. If you need all features, you need to go for a higher plan. Currently, with the second tier plan, you cannot completely separate the group of agents. So, the agent in each group can see another person's ticket. You also cannot modify the rules based on the viewable, readable stuff and cannot have a custom role in this plan. If you want to do that, you have to go for a higher plan. It works in our case because it doesn't matter if the other group can see our ticket because it doesn't contain anything sensitive. We also didn't need the project or change management features. That's why we didn't go with a higher plan.

What other advice do I have?

Create a plan and know in advance the ticket types and the categories that you want. Plan the subitems and the hierarchy structures for these identified categories. After you've set it up, if you want to make changes, you would require some kind of workaround to translate one category to another. That's why it is important to make sure that everything is set correctly in the beginning. Apart from that, it's fine.

They also keep on improving the product. I had provided them some feedback in the past, which they have already implemented.

I would rate Freshservice a nine out of ten.

More Freshservice reviews from users