Freshservice Review

We like the Active Directory authentication and that the portals/screens can be fully re-branded with images and custom colors.

What is most valuable?

It has several valuable features, including:

• Incident management
  • Web interface for staff with Active Directory authentication/pass-through
  • Portals/screens can be fully re-branded with images and custom colors

How has it helped my organization?

It's allowed us to gain feedback through the system from our staff and has given much better visibility and reporting on incidents and requests throughout our IT team.

What needs improvement?

I'd like to see better reporting on changes and as well as enhancements to the task/time function. It also needs more customizable workflows for user forms.

I've used it since February 2015.

We've had no issues with deployment.

It's been stable and we've had no issues with instability.

It's scaled sufficiently for us.

Technical support is good. I give them 7/10.

Hornbill Supportworks was the previous tool. Freshservice was chosen as it is intuitive and easy to use for support staff and customers, allowing for quick adoption.

It was extremely easy to set up. We had it up and running in less than an hour.

We implemented it in-house. Implementation was very straightforward and intuitive.

Due to our previous system being so poor, our ROI was effectively immediate as staff could easily log tickets via email, web, or over phone. We've gotten much better feedback from staff on the system, and support staff has been able to easily keep track of tickets.

There are different licensing models, so I'd suggest evaluating first to understand exactly what functionality is required, and then expanding when required. Switching models is simple and immediate.

What other advice do I have?

If you're looking for web-based ticket-management systems, it should be on the evaluation list. Given the setup is so simple, it could be evaluated very quickly from a functionality point-of-view.