Hyland OnBase Review

It is comprehensive with a codeless platform. I would like to see HTML5 in the web client and OCR Arabic support.

What is most valuable?

One comprehensive product with a codeless platform.

How has it helped my organization?

Streamlines our content-based processes and automates business processes.

What needs improvement?

As an ECM Solution, there are a lot of improvements needed. For example:

• The web client should address the next generation of web technologies such as HTML5 and stylish layout.
  • More localization support for Arabic.
  • OCR Arabic Support.

We have been partners since 2010.

The product is very stable.

Technical support provides excellent service.

I used to be a FileNet and .NET developer. OnBase provides high-value solutions for organizations with much less cost in comparison to other ECM solutions.

Since OnBase is one platform from one single vendor, all the components of the software are tightly integrated with minimal installation issues. We only spent a maximum of two to three days to complete upgrades.

OnBase is a modular-based solution that offers a variety of vertical-based solutions, such as like AP and AR.

It’s a bit pricy, but it’s worth the investment. The philosophy of Hyland is to remove the overhead of coding the solutions as much as possible.

All ECM standards are configured-based.

What other advice do I have?

They should think of OnBase as a strategic solution that provides great cost-cutting solutions, both directly and indirectly.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are a partner.