IBM BPM Review

Works adequately for executing process workflows, but it is complex and difficult to maintain

What is our primary use case?

More than anything, we use IBM BPM to orchestrate processes. We don't have a culture of BPM, so we don't do process modeling and monitoring for improvement. Nonetheless, we get a benefit from the BPM.

Our developers have created some application views. I'm not sure if BPM is meant for application views, but they have done that to model and automate processes.

I am an architect and although I haven't worked with it directly, I am trying to help. The problem seems to be that we don't have the skill set to support it.

What is most valuable?

This product does the job in terms of executing the workflow. It might be overkill for what we are doing, but we use it to automate some of the backend processes or system processes.

What needs improvement?

Our developers are complaining that it's too complex to maintain. They are struggling to remodel or maintain existing interfaces and integration.

I've been through the interfaces but the developers find it difficult to get into the code to maintain it, modify it, and customize it.

We have been using this product for more than 10 years.

We have been looking at implementing Signavio. It looks promising in terms of what we want to do, but we are not sure if it's the right direction to go in.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a five out of ten.

More IBM BPM reviews from users
...who compared it with Camunda Platform
Learn what your peers think about IBM BPM. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
536,053 professionals have used our research since 2012.