IBM BPM Review

Very stable and robust but is not easy to implement

How has it helped my organization?

We have several companies within our group. The group that develops this product also customizes it further for other customers. We provide this solution to customers like banks, hospitals, etc. They tell us that the product is very stable and very robust.

What is most valuable?

I don't know. I think the stability of the product is its most valuable feature.

We've been using IBM BPM for more than ten years.

This solution is very stable.

We have at least 1,000 users.

We have received very good technical support.

We tried several solutions, but after testing them out, this is the solution we have used for over ten years. Ten years ago, BPM was not so advanced, but IBM was the best at that time, so we chose IBM because it was a good asset. It was a good strategy to follow.

We have several customers with different companies, like banks and hospitals, so it depends on the target, the project, and what features they want to implement. A typical project might need three to nine men per year to deploy.

We have our implementation team. We have an integration team and our consultant is Portugal IBM.

Yes. I don't remember which ones. One that we evaluated was Oracle BPM and another one was from a company that doesn't exist anymore.

What other advice do I have?

We care about technology and support because support is very important and a BPM is not easy to implement. The concept may be easy but the implementation is not, and it depends on a lot of customer requirements. You need to have a very good support team, both functional as well as technical. The tool itself is not the most important factor.

I would rate this solution as seven out of ten.