IBM Case Foundation Review

Provides capability for system integrations, but the multiple workflow apps need to be merged

How has it helped my organization?

It definitely has provided better proficiency in our business processes. The user does not need to look for and launch something on their own. It can be launched automatically. It provides the capability of doing system integrations, again, without having a need for a user to launch a specific process.

What is most valuable?

It provides us the capability of producing business processes for documents that are launched immediately when a document comes into the repository.

What needs improvement?

The place of improvement is merging or combining all of the workflow functionality into one seamless tool. Now, there are multiple installations that are different. Case Foundation, before you can put Case Manager and you've got IBM BPM, and the roadmap is there to merge them altogether. But that's the struggle at the moment, it's having multiple installations and disparate workflow applications.

More than five years.

They're knowledgeable and responsive.

What other advice do I have?

I rate it a six out of 10, mostly because of not using the other Case Manager in BPM enough. Case Foundation, we're all over that. We're using it considerably. But, again, maybe a little bit of a hurdle in what's next or how to implement that next step.