Jira Review

Effective management tracking, simple install, and many plugins available

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution to track all projects and management activity.

How has it helped my organization?

There are a lot of plugin integrations available right now that are continuously being updated. We have recently worked on ways we can integrate with the DevOps.

What is most valuable?

I have found the tracking, project and task management most valuable in this solution.

What needs improvement?

They could improve the solution by having a multiple project dashboard to be able to manage many projects KPI's at once, this would really be helpful.

In the next release, I would like to see task creation management simplified and overall usage streamlined for new users.

I have been using Jira for four years.

We are extensively using this solution for all of our projects across the entire enterprise. It has shown that it is able to be scaled effectively.

I have never had any problems with this solution to need to use the technical support.

The installation was not complex, I did not find any difficulites.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise others wanting to purchase the solution that they can improve their business UX. This solution has been established in the market and is commonly used in many project management sectors because it can be easily used once you have experience. If you are new to this solution it could be confusing to some people because there is not a proper project flow. For example, Once you create a ticket or any task, you are not able to see what you just created in the notification area. Currently, you receive a pop-up and it will go off after some time, if you do not click the pop-up when it comes up you will have to refresh, go back to the project, and then find out the task from there. This could be simplified in the future.

They provide a product that is very good but in terms of a presentation, they have room to improve.

I rate Jira a nine out of ten.

Private Cloud
More Jira reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with Microsoft Project
Learn what your peers think about Jira. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,637 professionals have used our research since 2012.