JIRA Review
Features great, extensibility not bad, the price good. If you are looking for an issue/bug tracking tool, and want a little more than the open-source alternatives, Jira is a great choice.

Valuable Features:

- Jira is used for bug tracking, issue tracking, and project management. - Jira has a powerful API, which means you can easily import or mash up your data with another system if need be – you haven’t locked yourself in! - Jira has been designed with a focus on task achievement, is instantly usable, and is flexible to work with. -you can create individual issue level security schemes, and specify the visibility of comments and work logs.

Room for Improvement:

-At first, the documentation is typically light on needed information, is buggy, or is a little old. In general I found that I needed to do a bit of searching between the Jira documentation, issue tracking system, and the forums in order to get the information I needed, and it still didn't answer all of my questions. For the rest, I took a look at existing plug-ins to see how they had solved the problems. -I have found that Jira's customization can be very confusing in terms of configs and work flows, issue types, custom fields, etc. One should be confident and willing to do a lot of homework when taking on the implementation of anything other than the out-of-the-box functionality.

Other Advice:

Jira is a bug and issue tracker primarily intended for software development. We use Jira internally to track all engagements within our team; as well as track bugs and issues for the web apps we develop. Jira is a very customizable product. It has a built in field builder that essentially lets you choose what fields you want to capture for your project. You can configure Jira’s custom fields at a system-wide, project specific and/or issue type level. Jira’s reporting component (or ‘filters’) make it easy to extract the information you want out of the system in several formats. Finally, Jira’s workflow features make it easy to define screens, based on business processes you might have.