Charlie cmyk cyan

JIRA Review
It doesn't provide version control for Test Cases, but its support for agile is fantastic.

Valuable Features:

1. Its agile support is fantastic! Whether you are an agile expert, or just starting for both scrum and kanban teams, the whole agile process is supported
  2. Requirements log
  3. Story board
  4. Dashboards are a great feature to stay on top of what is going on in all the projects you are managing
  5. It's accessible from practically anywhere, whether you're on a mobile device or desktop across many OSs and browsers

Improvements to My Organization:

Integrating JIRA with HP Quality Center gave our dev team and management a new window to participate/track the defects Testing Team reports from. This integration is absolutely powerful and made defect sharing with different parties a peace of cake. Now we, the testing team, can report defects on our own "beloved" HP QC, and these defects gets sent automatically or upon request to different JIRA Projects and to different project parties and teams.

Room for Improvement:

I would say test management, as it's a generic issue tracking tool, and not designed specifically for test management. So, the only support for test cases is the ability to mark them as passed or failed as part of the test execution, and that's the whole test, not step by step like Quality Center. It does have many test management add-ons that can be bought, and some of them can perform close functionality to what HP Sprinter does, like Bonfire, but it does not provide video recording. It doesn't provide version control for Test Cases, and integration with Test Automation and Performance Testing tools is cumbersome.

I hate the fact that I have to buy an add-on for each feature I need. Some people might see this as positive thing since you buy only what you need, but again, not all add-ons are provided by Atlassian, and hence support and quality is subject to different providers, which is again is cumbersome, and not many people would go on with.

Reporting also needs improvement, as I need to be able to create my own custom reports and be able to export them, and screen shots doesn't work all the time.

Other Advice:

If you are an agile development team, go for it. I would advise that f your dev team have problems accessing HP Quality Center, go for it and integrate Jira with Quality Center.

2 visitors found this review helpful
Manuel duarte mba pmp li?1414333927Anonymous avatar x30

1 Comment

Mark reid atlassian expert mreid clearvision cm com li?1429177787

Great review Amira. I would say that on the 2 pieces of functionality that you mention Jira being slightly lightweight upon, Reporting and Test Management, there are two very strong plugin vendors with well supported products. Appreciate them not being embedded into Jira may seem painful to you however rather than going down the HP route of selling you the world (and making you pay for it) Atlassian's approach to allowing people to pick and choose functionality via Marketplace plugins seems like a refreshing for software teams to build there ALM.

Disclosure: My opinion is slightly biased as I work for an Expert Partner

Like (0)14 September 15
Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About JIRA?

Our experts can help. 239,734 professionals have used our research on 5,963 solutions.