JIRA Review
The product is a better way to manage progress and see the status of different tasks. Stability-wise, it is slow and hangs.

What is our primary use case?

We are working in the safe channel process in the IT part of the bank. It is a good experience overall, but the look and feel for the user is not good.

How has it helped my organization?

It benefits us because we have globally located teams. Our team members work in different geographies, so the product is a better way to manage progress and see the status of different tasks. Otherwise, it is not possible to work in different geographies.

What is most valuable?

I can drag and drop to the different statuses. I can go into the task and change it, then I can directly drag and drop it from one status to another.

What needs improvement?

There is a difficulty viewing all the attachments because they are shown in one place. I would like attachments to be shown at the comment level. Right now, if I attach something, it will go into a single attachment pool for the task, not at the comment level. I.e., If I want to attach the new version of a document, it creates confusion because I have to remove the existing attachment.

When writing comments, there are not many options for formatting. We were expecting formatting something at the level of Microsoft Outlook or Microsoft Document.

When creating a task, there is no place to add our estimation.

Three to five years.

Sometimes, it is slow and hangs. We faced some stability issues where JIRA was down for a day. Also, we have lost some of our comments made in the JIRA because of downtime.

I don't have any issues with scalability.

We haven't used it.

We did not have a previous solution.

What other advice do I have?

I would tell a colleague looking for this type of solution to look at Microsoft TFS and VSTS.

Most important criteria when selecting vendor:

• A well-known vendor for the software.
  • A good reputation.
  • Compare what other companies are using.
  • The look and feel of the user interface.