Microsoft Project Review

Good technical support with very helpful roadmap functionality and reliable stability

What is most valuable?

The roadmap functionality is very nice. All the dependencies and timelines are there.

The board mode and the list of tasks are very handy to have in front of me. It looks very similar to a Trello board. It's very easy to navigate and understand.

The stability is very good.

Technical support has been very helpful.

What needs improvement?

I'd like to have few more specific features, however, it's possible that Microsoft will decide to implement and deploy them in the future.

It would be nice, for example, if we have stages of the project, to have some tasks that can be split. We'd like to be able to see different timelines as a part of one task.

I'd like to see the dependency of one task but split into a few parts. I'm mostly working with infrastructure projects in the company. Sometimes I have to stop the implementation of one part of the project due to various reasons, and I have to switch to another task. I have to see the stage and stop and show in another part I'm taking in the work. I'm not stopping the project. I'm just switching tasks and I have to see when I can continue the previous response. I need to see that the one task continuing, but not all the time. Right now, the organization is done mostly in my head, however, it would be ideal if I could visualize it with adjusted timelines.

We just started using the solution a few months ago. We're still in the testing phase and haven't fully decided on what were are going to go forward with.

We didn't have any problems with the product. It's very stable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It works great.

We had contact with technical support on another project and had questions about our migration between two tenants. We talked directly to support and it was quite helpful to use them to get advice and assistance. We had a nice experience overall.

We've worked with Zoho One in the past, as well as a few other premium CRM providers. We were working on a full complex solution for our office that was a CRM with different other solutions. It was for complicated projects, however, we decided to switch to another software.

We are using currently using Office 365 and additional applications from Office 365 such as Branches, Project, and Power BI. We decided to have all the complex solutions from one company that offers connected applications, rather than just choose all different software without the basic platform from which we can connect. That's why we chose Microsoft Project.

We have three licenses. Three people have an opportunity to make projects, and two people are included in the project so they can see the timeline, the board, the task. They're quite happy with what they see in terms of being able to watch over the project.

While we're likely to use Microsoft, we're also looking at Jira, Confluence, and Trello.

What other advice do I have?

We're customers and end-users of the solution.

While we are currently using the cloud as we test things out, it's possible, once we make a concrete decision about Microsoft, that we will switch to an on-premises deployment.

Currently, I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten simply due to the fact that I don't know all the opportunities it offers us just yet. We haven't been using it for so long and need some more time to discover all the features on offer.

More Microsoft Project reviews from users
...who compared it with Jira
Learn what your peers think about Microsoft Project. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
522,693 professionals have used our research since 2012.