UiPath Review

Significantly reduced the time to upload data for our analytics

What is our primary use case?

I am a part of an eCommerce company. Our company is separated across the country, and we have more than 30 locations/sales offices across the country. We have a couple of manual use cases that my team automated. One of those use cases is data entry. As an eCommerce company, we have a lot of data that we need to enter on time so that our customers can use and can order with it.

We have a sales team of 20 people (out of 50 to 60 people) who are just doing promotions. For promotions, we need to analyze some financial analytics for the next month. Most of the time, there are various formulas in our Excel. Using UiPath, we have successfully automated this. This is a third-party tool where we just analyze all the promotions and sales per the market. Basically, we need to capture the price offered by our competitors, e.g., what is the price of their product?

We need to analyze and set some good prices for our customers. UiPath helps us to accept all the information from over the web, putting it into Excel and saving it. We have a weekly activity, and UiPath helps us accept the data within five or six hours. We just accept the data from our competitors' sites and analyze all the information, then we set our prices. Therefore, this is a wonderful tool for processes, which we have automated in our area recently.

We are using both attended and unattended automation. We are using Automation Cloud as well as doing work on Microsoft Azure.

How has it helped my organization?

I just had a couple of meetings with our finance department and some marketing departments. We installed UiPath a year ago, at the beginning of COVID-19, in Pakistan, Dubai, and the United Arab Emirates. Therefore, we see the benefits on our financial reports in our income. For example, because previously our products, sales, and data entry were very lengthy activities that we did manually, taking approximately more than one week, that was the reason why most of the time our customers didn't see our products having good prices in the market.

Now, UiPath daily runs data entry jobs as well as daily uploads all the products and new sales. We just increased our customer purchases and sales, per our financial reports. This is the reason UiPath is very beneficial for our company.

In the last couple of months, we opened all the interfaces for all our users. It can easily be used and installed to everything. Now, people are using it all the time for their daily developments.

What is most valuable?

Personally, I like the UiPath Academy. UiPath Academy is a very good platform where we can learn a lot of things.

We use UiPath’s selector technology to automate processes with dynamic interfaces. We extract data from multiple websites, collecting this data. Because there are different websites, interfaces, and scenarios, my team chooses some dynamic selectors to make it perfect and accurate. If we don't apply dynamics selectors, then we cannot use UiPath in our organization because we have a lot of use cases where we collect data from multiple websites. Dynamic selectors are easy to use and debug. This is the reason that dynamic selectors are very useful for our company.

We are using image processing and image clicking on unattended processes because we need to capture data.

What needs improvement?

UiPath needs to improve some additional new activities. For example, I have already discussed with UiPath's technical team that the image clicking and image processing are not that accurate. There is just one image clicking most of the time and it is not compatible with other platforms.

There is a very common bug from UiPath with the Google Chrome extension. We would like them to help us to remove this issue going forward.

UiPath is a very stable solution. We have never faced any issues with Orchestrator nor our environment. We are using Microsoft Azure in the cloud in conjunction with the unattended bots, and we have never faced an issue with the unattended bots. Our Windows environment was successfully compatible. It never fails, utilizing a stable process and environment.

Scalability is something that they can improve, but the usability component is very good. Most of the time, we use the reusable components for activities, which is good for us. At the same time, if you have one process and need to copy the same process a second time, you will not be able to copy and paste all the activities because there will be a lot of errors, delaying the process. I would rate scalability around a seven out of 10.

We have a 10 member team using UiPath: Three people develop the jobs, three people manage the interface, and one person is customer support for our employees. There is also an IT manager, another manager, and myself who manage these employees.

We have automated 79 processes overall. We plan to increase our processes to 120 by mid-year.

They have a wonderful marketing team. They proved true to their word regarding:

• UiPath Academy
  • The technical support, before and after the installation.

We have been very satisfied with the UiPath team. That is the reason that we chose UiPath and have been happy with it.

We didn't use another RPA solution before UiPath.

Before when we were uploading our data, we just uploaded data on a weekly basis. While we were doing it manually, it took more than four or five days to complete the whole activity. If we had more than 1,000 line items, then it took more than the time allotted. One line item when we were doing the work manually it took approximately 10 to 15 minutes: displaying the description, putting in the names, and adding all the extra prices and some other links.

Now, we are doing daily uploading of schema with UiPath. This takes approximately two to three hours to complete the entire line daily. It will now easily upload all the schema, attachments, promotions, and sales teams. All of those are successfully uploaded through Excel, then UiPath helps us to upload them onto our live environment.

It is a straightforward setup, not complex.

We deployed UiPath more than a year ago. It took more than a month (40 days) to complete the whole activity/deployment. We installed it and never faced any issues during the installation.

Customer support was very good. They have a wonderful team. They are always available 24/7, doing their jobs.

Last year, we increased our sales by nine million dollars.

It required $750 down. That price was low compared to other competitors. However, we don't have a very good currency rate per dollar. This was a huge amount for our company, which was the reason UiPath offered a very good price. At the same time, they offered us some discounts, e.g., a five percent discount. It has a good price for the licensing as well as for its overall cost.

Price was a major factor when we were choosing.

What other advice do I have?

If you want to complete your processes and repetitive tasks quickly with accuracy, then you must think about automation tools. If you are thinking about automation tools, UiPath is one of the best tools that can be used. Other tools are good, but not compared with UiPath.

I didn't use UiPath Studio very deeply since I just manage my team. Most of the time, I just observe how my team is working. So, if they can see the data and some other conditions are working well, then we are happy with it.

Most companies using UiPath won't see an effect on their pricing, but we have seen a lot of pricing benefits. That is why we are using it.

I would rate this solution as nine out of 10 because it has some room for improvement.

More UiPath reviews from users
...who compared it with Automation Anywhere (AA)
Start Your UiPath Free Trial

Learn what your peers think about UiPath. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
513,091 professionals have used our research since 2012.