UiPath Review

The initial setup has a lot of guidance in the configuration and actual setup. It feels like installing Windows.

What is our primary use case?

Most of the times, my clients use UiPath to automate really repetitive tasks. There are some complex scenarios that we have been seeing, but they are just trying to simplify their way of work through RPA.

How has it helped my organization?

Our clients see a quick return of the investment from time, performance, and scope on whatever their task is. This adds value for them.

What is most valuable?

• The fast development and deployment is what I like about the solution.
  • There is a lot of support from the community.
  • The product is really stable.
  • It is easy to use.
  • It integrates naturally with environments in most scenarios, which is good from an implementation standpoint.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see more integration with solutions, like SAP, especially because the biggest companies have a lot of SAP implementations going on. If they would have more packages to support native SAP activities or perform connectivity to some of those SAP clients in transaction codes, it would be awesome.

It is stable.

It integrates with Orchestrator and allows for faster deployment on multiple levels (small to large companies), which is good for scalability. Though, it does depends on the client's infrastructure.

Take a look into joining the community and most of the forums. They have good recommendations of things that have happened in the past.

The UiPath Academy RPA training is straightforward. We use it for new people joining teams and for training. It's user-friendly, and if you don't have an IT background, it gives you good, explanatory ways to learn the solution and how to deploy it.

Clients usually through PoCs to determine if they need a new solution. They will define a use case that will make sense and add value to their operations. Based on that, they will ask for a PoC. We will work with UiPath directly to define that POC, most of the time, and showcase their flexibility and capabilities.

The initial setup is straightforward. There is a lot of guidance in the configuration and actual setup. It feels like installing Windows. It's simple compared to other solutions which tend to be a bit more complex. I think they are doing a good job.

For deployment and maintenance, small companies use two to three people to do the task. Bigger companies will have a huge team supporting the solutions, which might take up to 25 people to support a 1000 person organization. Organizations usually need developers, an architect of infrastructure, testers, quality personnel, etc.

Traditionally, Automation Anywhere and Blue Prism are the biggest things competing against UiPath. Those are usually what most of the clients lean towards, if they see a cheaper licensing option.

Most of the time, clients choose UiPath because it's easier to deploy and learn within their teams. That's what truly makes sense for them.

What other advice do I have?

The most important criteria for clients when selecting a vendor is usually licensing, but also:

• Flexibility
  • Scalability
  • Ease of use

These three criteria help a lot when positioning UiPath.

Give it a try, especially for new people joining the RPA community. If you don't try it, you will never learn how to actually do it. That is the good thing about UiPath; it is simple and easy to learn.

It has exceeded my expectations:

• I have used other RPA tools in the past. The user interface is simple and allows people to learn from it faster than other applications.
  • It is stable when you create the bot in the first instance.
  • Its error handling process is easier to create.
More UiPath reviews from users
...who compared it with Automation Anywhere (AA)
Start Your UiPath Free Trial

Learn what your peers think about UiPath. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
510,882 professionals have used our research since 2012.