UiPath Review

Has a dedicated marketplace serving as an open platform for sharing different packages by developers around the globe

What is our primary use case?

Be it any mundane tasks like invoice processing, document management, document extraction, and migration, order processing, KYC filling, application integration, Citrix automaton, or any such rule-based tasks can be automated with RPA technology.

Among all RPA solution providers, UiPath is the best choice and market disrupter, from our hands-on experience with the top three RPA vendors while shortlisting UiPath as our RPA vendor. With its intuitive visual coding drag and drop and Microsoft SharePoint workflow foundation technology and open platform capability, code development and debugging are a cakewalk for anyone with minimal or even no coding background.

How has it helped my organization?

The software is very effective, and ROI on businesses is very high even from a short period of time. In our company itself, UiPath automation helped different teams to automate their tasks by being within the compliances of end clients with its non-intrusive front office and back office automation. Thus it frees up employees for more productive and creative tasks.

What is most valuable?

• UiPath has a Community Edition for learning and trialing out, available free of cost.
  • UiPath also has several dedicated online academies with video tutorials and various courses, which can make you a hero from zero in RPA, again free of cost.
  • UiPath community forum has a lot of active members and helps developers to resolve any query/tips to handle challenges related to development, deployment, and production.
  • The UiPath support desk replies and resolves all of our tickets/issues within a business day and even helped us by coming to our office, for tasks like license renewal, migration of bots, etc.
  • UiPath also has a dedicated marketplace serving as an open platform for sharing different packages by developers around the globe. This helps the developer community with reusability and scalability of features by sharing their own individual packages.

What needs improvement?

Image resolution affects Citrix automation. Means, the resolution of BOT system and development system should be same in order to successfully run Citrix automations. This drawback is getting resolved in Computer Vision backed selector automation feature for Citrix in 2019 version of UiPath. Also, unknown runtime errors mainly due to application integration issues can cause issues, although it's a very rare scenario. This issue can be resolved to a great extend by using RE Framework in your development, which is also integrated in UiPath in the latest version.

We tried Automation Anywhere also, but shortlisted UiPath based on it's ease of use and the customer support.

Although cost is little high ROI is also too good. Thus my recommendation is go for UiPath!

What other advice do I have?

UiPath is bringing up a lot of new features and which the competitors have never thought off, maybe releasing in the 2019 last quarter.

1 visitor found this review helpful