UiPath Review

Now we can retrieve the header of HTTP requests which was a must use case for our project

What is our primary use case?

There are multiple use cases:

Automation of manual Excel workflow: Previously, our account support executive used to manually prepare client Excel sheet using a variety of third-party integration. Data flows manually into Excel and is then exported manually to a different system. What a fantastic work done by UiPath using integrations and webhooks. We almost saved 24 hours of weekly effort per employee and imagine we have to do this every time of the year and for hundreds of clients.

Automated data entry: Automated data entry of generated invoices was made so much easier with OCR recognition that we are trying to explore it in more departments like human resource and support systems.

How has it helped my organization?

It helped us in achieving the following efficiency and compliance:

• Cost management
  • Drive innovation
  • Creating internal/operational efficiencies
  • Improving business process outcomes
  • Improving business process agility.

What is most valuable?

I am an automation expert responsible for creating utilities which help support systems in easing down their business and saving lots of money with redundant efforts. Earlier, it was done using software code, but once I latched on to UiPath, I was overwhelmed with the ease, flexibility, integration, and support provided by it.

Along with that, UiPath provides the best learning material and easiest learning curve making it one of the popular tools in the market.

I also found the UiPath community forum very helpful which is a big plus for developers like us. The latest version of UiPath (Community Edition, v2019.2.0) contains a beta version of AI computer vision which we have just used, and I am sure that it's going to kill in the market with such an ease of recognizing UI elements.

Additionally, now we can also retrieve the header of HTTP requests which was a must use case for our project, and it eased out a lot of re-work.

What needs improvement?

• I really like to see improvement in IDE for UiPath. There is still a lot of space where the user flow could be made more intuitive.
  • Enterprise support for UiPath is still spotty and is not fully capable of solving queries in a single session. They still require some time to get back on the issue.
  • I also have a suggestion: Don't try to overburden your product, with the early release of so much integration, with bugs. Do thorough testing, make sure it is bug-free, make sure there is proper documentation and make sure tech support is up and ready with known issues.

Less than one year.

v2018.4.1
More UiPath reviews from users
...who compared it with Automation Anywhere (AA)
Start Your UiPath Free Trial

Learn what your peers think about UiPath. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
536,114 professionals have used our research since 2012.