UiPath Review

The product is easy to go into and use, but the software crashes due to stability issues

What is our primary use case?

We have multiple use cases. We are a distributing company, so we are moving containers around at sea. There are a lot of things that you need to do around that. We are trying to automate to help with our bookings created, etc.

How has it helped my organization?

It has not yet routinized our company. While people are at first a little afraid of the product, when they see the benefits, they want more. Right now, we can't keep up with the demand.

What is most valuable?

I'm not that technical, and the product is easy to go into and use. It is also easy to get started using UiPath.

There are a lot of powerful box components with the possibilities of creating your own.

What needs improvement?

The stability needs improvement.

Within Studio, if you are holding down variable buttons (50 or more), then our entire application slows down. So, basic performance could improve.

UiPath could do some optimization of how you search through your process flows. Right now, you have like a small box in the corner, and you don't have an overview when you're searching. Then, you receive this list which you can click around in. That's fine, but it needs to be more visible when you are searching for your components.

We have had some issues regarding stability. The software crashes sometimes, giving us string errors.

The product is very stable out-of-the-box. However, we are in a phase where we are changing our platform, as well. Therefore, we went from a Windows PC setup to Windows Server setup. We went from being one guy to two guys developing this, so we had to do quite a lot of restructuring.

We aren't on the latest version of UiPath right now. We want to be there, but we are facing issues right now where sometimes our robots can't be rescheduled. The schedule just fails. We have some tickets with UiPath right now. Thus, we are not using the most stable version and are working the issues together with their support.

We have around 450 people in our company and are global in Europe.

Sometimes, the technical support is pretty helpful. They are quick at responding, but there are times when we feel like they have a process that they go through and try to feel out the type of issues. Then, they send you a standard reply. With some of the things that we are facing, it's not like they can look it up in the handbook. Unfortunately, we have unique issues.

We would like more technical help. It would be nice if UiPath would come out to our company. If some of their more experienced developers from Bucharest could look at the problems, that would be great.

I used the UiPath Academy a bit at the start. However, we can't keep up with our business' demand, so I don't have time to use the Academy. It was okay for learning some of the features. For example, we're starting to use the software, and it is good to have some input that you can use it in a different way.

We have an okay return on investment.

We have seen examples where a user misses stuff which was done and the robot corrects it, and the robot has seen something. So, we are seeing an elimination of human errors.

Start Your UiPath Free Trial