UiPath Review

The product is easy to set up, but harder to make function

What is our primary use case?

The handling of different types of insurance tasks.

How has it helped my organization?

It has mainly taken the load off of employees. We had a huge amount of tasks which weren't being done. It provides our employees time to do their other work, since we automated very manual things.

We are currently using automation technology at a small level, as we just got started with UiPath and its technology.

What is most valuable?

Its ability to remove manual tasks.

What needs improvement?

I would like better stability and possibly some tools to determine why robots are failing.

The stability is not great. UiPath is okay, but when it interacts with our programs, it often fails. It is difficult to determine why it fails. We are utilizing a lot of time trying to figure out why it is unstable.

The implementation time was very long due to instability.

The scalability is good.

The customer support was slow at the start. After a while, they come up to speed, then everything was okay.

The initial setup was easy because it was logical, but afterwards, it was harder to make UiPath function. While it is simple to set up and get started on. To make it stable, that takes a lot of hard work.

We use it in Citrix. The implementation was easy. We just installed on some VM servers.

We did try Blue Prism in another part of the organization, while using UiPath in our part of the organization. We decided to stay with just UiPath.

Since it was two different parts of the company, so you can't compare the decision. It was a decision made by management.

What other advice do I have?

Because we are spending so much time on debugging, it has not saved us time yet.

We just use Unattended Robots, not Attended Robots.

I am not using the UiPath Academy because I do not put in the robots. I make sure that they run in the background. I do know some of my colleagues are looking at using the Academy, but they have to find time for it.

More UiPath reviews from users
...who compared it with Automation Anywhere (AA)
Start Your UiPath Free Trial

Learn what your peers think about UiPath. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
513,091 professionals have used our research since 2012.