UiPath Review

It is an easy solution to install; anyone can go download and install it

What is our primary use case?

When it comes to finance and HR services the product has great potential. Our company is big, so there are a lot of opportunities.

We are doing automation internally for financial processes.

Externally, for our customers, we are developing a shared service center. This is not restrained to any one specific area, like HR or finance. Anything that is manually or taking a lot of human effort, we try to automate (by selling it to our customers).

What is most valuable?

The Unattended Robots are good and handy. If you have the proper team and environment available, especially a team who is experienced and knows how to develop with a sense of excellence, then a lot of tasks can be done outside office hours. Then, the next day, teams can come in and have the information that they need readily available.

What needs improvement?

UiPath needs to improve Orchestrator and its back office licenses. For example, three or four people logging in on a license should be able to get in, but they can't, even though its Unattended.

Why can't we just increase the capacity of the VDIs, so we can use capacity that is there?

Stability depends on the type of structure that you are putting in place. I think it is important that you run 16GB, with not more than three or four processors in parallel.

If I need something, I go to my account managers, who are nice people. They respond back quickly and get back with a lot good options, which I like.

My development team does connect with the technical teams. The feedback, which I receive from them, is very good. There have been instances, which we have highlighted and identified something, then the UiPath technical team accepted it, said whether they would fix it in the next release, then fixed it if needed.

The UiPath Academy is fantastic and amazing. I'm a big promoter of it in my discussions with customers.

When it comes to Studio, it is an easy solution to install. Anyone can go download and install it. Though, I'm not sure if just any company can install it, because you need to have permissions from IT in order to install it on your computer.

When it comes to Orchestrator, you need an approved structure from IT security. There are associated firewalls that have to be installed with your IT partner's help. Then, it is quite straightforward.

UiPath helped us with the installation.

It is not easy to see ROI quickly.

It is not a cheap solution. There is an annual licensing cost for all the components.

When it comes to back office licenses, why can't we have parallel processors running on one back office license? I understand the commercial aspect, but when you have servers and a node locked license, you should be able to use the license from different instances.

What other advice do I have?

UiPath is quite a customer-centric company.

More UiPath reviews from users