UiPath Review

Offers valuable training and has dramatically reduced processing time

What is our primary use case?

I am a developer so I primarily use Studio most of the time, and when the bots go live, they move to Orchestrator.

We have a combination of different use cases. Sometimes it is dealing with Outlook or the Microsoft Office Suite. The idea is to build a solution that integrates all of the applications that are part of the same process.

We are not currently running our processes in a virtual environment but we are currently evaluating how we could make it work.

How has it helped my organization?

Everything was running well but the users had some challenges because they had to spend a lot of their day correcting the things that were misrepresented or not done correctly by another part of the team. The consultants had to manage the changes which were taking a lot of time but weren't on their to-do list for their day. UiPath is helping us save that time.

It hasn't really helped to eliminate human errors. The processing time is dramatically reduced. It makes it easier for consultants to make things right. If they spent eight hours doing a task, it now takes them two.

What is most valuable?

Compared to other solutions, training is very valuable. You can easily access the resources. There is a community edition which is a plus and something that other tools don't offer. Accessibility is the best feature.

I would rate the solution's ease of use as a five out of five. The majority of tasks are done through the recording which saves development time. You just record the things you want to achieve, customize it, and get it going. This reduces development time.

I have been using RPA training since I was new to the product. I did the developer training. I would rate it a five out of five. It’s very beneficial. You can just touch base with the actual tool and get it done.

It hasn't really reduced human errors but it has reduced the processing time. It's easier to make things right.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see more of the AI Fabric domain feature.

It interacts with so many products that the robot itself becomes unstable.

I would rate the stability as four-ish out of five. There are some features that they are still working on. There will be better features in the upcoming versions.

We have around five users. We're in the kick-off stage so not many people are involved.

I have not needed to contact technical support.

We knew we needed to invest in a new solution because necessity is the mother of invention. We saw our consultants spending too much time processing areas of the business, so we knew we needed to evaluate new processes to make their lives easier.

We chose UiPath because of the accessibility. It's easily available and widely used.

It took us around six weeks from when we purchased our first license to having our first Robot in production. It was not a complex process.

We used Roboyo for the implementation. We had a good experience with them. I would give them a five out of five.

ROI is not on the grid right now. We hope to have a good ROI. It's a proof of value and it's not in production yet.

What other advice do I have?

With the existing features, I would rate UiPath an eight or nine out of ten. Once the new features come in, I would give it a ten. They keep improvising.

I would recommend not only automating the process but redesigning the process. It's not just about automating steps one to ten, you need to improvise your process and then try to automate that. Automating the steps as is won't really help and you can end up spending the same amount of time and money.

More UiPath reviews from users
...who compared it with Automation Anywhere (AA)
Start Your UiPath Free Trial

Learn what your peers think about UiPath. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
536,548 professionals have used our research since 2012.