UiPath Review

Saves us time and helps eliminate errors in repetitive manual processes

What is our primary use case?

We are using Studio and Orchestrator.

Our primary use case is automating data processing for clients translating into other systems.

We do not run our automations in a virtual environment.

With respect to how easy it is to automate our company's processes, on a scale of one to five, I would rate this solution a three. I think that the technology that we use in the printing industry is a little more difficult to automate.

I am currently involved in the UiPath Academy training. We have third-party contractors who have been doing the development, and I am the first internal employee who will be developing. I find that the training is good in the first step, and also in the second step where we're learning about Orchestrator. However, when it moves to the third step and they are talking about the framework, I think that it is a pretty big leap and that is where I'm struggling. This is the section that I am in right now.

There was one project that was completed before I started, at my understanding is that from the point that we purchased our UiPath license until we had our first robot was less than six months. For my project, it has taken two months.

How has it helped my organization?

Using this solution has allowed us to enter a lot of customer data into our system in a much quicker and more efficient manner.

In terms of eliminating human errors, this solution has definitely helped. I would estimate an eighty percent reduction in the number of errors.

With respect to saving time, automation has taken a process that used to take two or three days to perform, down to several minutes.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature for us right now is being able to automate our process applications.

What needs improvement?

In the training, between steps two and three, there is a pretty big leap in terms of how difficult the material is. Moving right from the basics into the framework is causing me to struggle a little bit, and I think that there is room for improvement here.

With respect to the stability from a bot perspective, on a scale from one to five, I would rate this solution a four. It has been pretty stable for us.

We have less than fifty people involved in our RPA program at this time.

We have contractors who are doing our development right now. On a scale of one to five, I would rate our experience with them a three. They seem to be struggling with the PDD.

In the project that I worked on, we have definitely seen ROI. We replaced a process that was being done manually, so we began to see returns immediately.

What other advice do I have?

For the way in which we are using this solution, the features have been working very well. Our company is very young in this so we are still learning. We will get a lot out of this solution.

If you have a lot of manual and repetitive tasks in your company then this is definitely a great solution for you. That said, I know that things can always improve.

More UiPath reviews from users
...who compared it with Automation Anywhere (AA)
Start Your UiPath Free Trial

Learn what your peers think about UiPath. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
536,548 professionals have used our research since 2012.