UiPath Review

Ability to halt a process allows for dynamic events and still have the benefits of automation

What is our primary use case?

One use is in our corporate tax accounting group. Our environment includes systems such as SAP, Vertex, several homegrown, and of course Excel. Other use cases include automating a timekeeping system and performing cell phone bill analysis. Environmentally, all use cases involve different systems.

How has it helped my organization?

For corporate tax accounting, we use UiPath to pull data from multiple sources (i.e. SAP, Vertex, etc), and then use multiple pivot tables in Excel. They were doing this manually, and it consumed about 40 man-hours per month. With UiPath, we have that down to about five hours per month.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the ability to stop the process after it has been started by an individual user. This allows for some dynamic events, but still gain the automation. The underlying architecture (i.e. Elastic stack) is decent, but there probably needs to be better ties there to maintain at least an n-1 version on the Elastic stack.

What needs improvement?

Improvement should definitely be made in the area of screen capture, where Adobe Flash is still being used. Trying to 'read' a screenshot (vs looking at HTML) was a challenge, and even when Flash goes away, there will always be a need to do a screenshot and then get data from it.

We have been using the product for about two and a half years.

In general, at least for us, product has been very stable, but we are not doing extremes with it.

It will scale somewhat both vertically and horizontally. The basic solution for that will be to add more servers.

No other solutions were tried.

The actual UiPath install was somewhat complex. We did have a learning curve on the elastic stack.

We implemented this solution in-house.

You need IT support in installation and operations. This is not the job of 'just' plug and run.  Costing and licensing were generally in line with expectations of this type of software.

We looked at the top three providers in this space, including Blue Prism.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, the product is good, and we are happy with it. There is always a concern about the company's business viability, but that is a risk with any software company

2018.4
More UiPath reviews from users
...who compared it with Automation Anywhere (AA)
Start Your UiPath Free Trial

Learn what your peers think about UiPath. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
536,244 professionals have used our research since 2012.