Oracle HCM Cloud Overview

Oracle HCM Cloud is the #1 ranked solution in our list of top HR Analytics Software tools. It is most often compared to PeopleSoft: Oracle HCM Cloud vs PeopleSoft

What is Oracle HCM Cloud?

Oracle HCM Cloud is a complete HR application suite which helps organizations become more strategic and agile with a best-in-class workforce experience. It integrates HR best practices and technology to provide an engaging, informative, and adaptive HR experience throughout the entire employee lifecycle. Oracle HCM Cloud allows organizations find, develop and retain the best talent, enable collaboration, deliver deep workforce insights, and increase operational efficiency

Oracle HCM Cloud is also known as Oracle Human Capital Management Cloud.

Download the Cloud HCM Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: April 2021

Oracle HCM Cloud Customers

Kovaion Consulting India Pvt. Ltd., eVerge Group, Kalpataru, Logicalis Inc., Macmillan Science and Education, Drivestream Inc., Kamal Osman Jamjoom Group LLC, WAXIE Sanitary Supply

Oracle HCM Cloud Video

Filter Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

HR IS at McDermott International
Leaderboard
It is a configurable, scalable solution. High volume recruitment should be more bulky.

What is our primary use case?

It is a global HR system for the company, including talent acquisition, hiring, and onboarding.

• "It is a configurable, scalable solution."
  • "We haven't had a single issue with stability, and we've been using it for more than three years."
  • "I would focus on making high volume recruitment more bulky."
Chairman at Certus Solutions
Simplifies the management of users and roles into a single UI
Oracle Cloud Applications Release 12 included many new areas of functionality.  One in particular has had a major impact (positive) on those of us who implemented the product for our customers. This feature is called the  "Security Console". Since the earliest releases of Oracle Cloud, the security has been managed by the Fusion Middleware products Oracle Identity Manager (OIM) and Oracle Authorization Policy Manager (APM).  Whilst extremely powerful tools for managing user accounts and role based access, the tools required a level of knowledge beyond standard application configuration.  They were also displayed through a separate UI to the main applications and configuration of security rules involved using multiple screens and UIs. Leading up to Release 12, Oracle has done a lot of…
Find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, Workday, SAP and others in Cloud HCM. Updated: April 2021.
502,104 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Oracle HCM Lead Consultant at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
​Better Agility/Flexibility In HR But Navigation Needs Improvement

What other advice do I have?

Focus on training and materials from your implementation manager.
RA
Oracle HCM Consultant
Automates payroll and automated integrations via web services reducing man hours and increasing compliance

What other advice do I have?

Good for an organization size of over 500. For best results, go with a seeded product implementation and try avoiding unnecessary customizations to the product.
Project Manager at a recruiting/HR firm with 51-200 employees
Does goal and performance management. Provides a self-service BI to business users.

What other advice do I have?

Forget about customization. If you are looking for a solution that can be changed and tailored according your company business rules, don't go with this solution. Overall, this solution provides Human Resources sub-processes best practices and a large amount of flexibility to attend to a lot of business process requirements.
Practice Head - Oracle Cloud at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
It gives graphical and pictorial presentations of team performance tracking, although the payroll part requires more changes, which I feel are already in a future release.
EVP Oracle Cloud Applications Practice at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
I value the employee and manager self-service, online performance review, and mobile capability.

What other advice do I have?

Use the right implementation partner and ADOPT rather than ADAPT. Take the solution as it is delivered and don’t try to adapt it to your needs.
Client Services Manager at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
MSP
Allows employees and HR teams to utilize functions from remote locations. There is little or no option to customize business processes.

What other advice do I have?

Definitely use it.
Qa at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
The gross-to-net calculation and straight specific logic features are valuable.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features in this product are computing, gross to net calculations and straight specific logic.

How has it helped my organization?

They give a good package compared to other companies, which was beneficial for our organization.

What needs improvement?

Not sure because the DBA team is taking care of this issue and I am QA.

It has great scalability and overall a user-friendly product.

In regards to the technical support team, sometimes they are busy and sometimes from the company point of view, you need to track someone specific instead of direct support.

We are using so…
Chairman at Certus Solutions
Video Review
With the product being in the cloud, users don't have to worry about having servers on premises, they don't have to worry about the infrastructure and the upgrades.

What other advice do I have?

If somebody asks me to rate HCM Cloud from 1 to 10, I think at this point I'd give it an 8 out of 10. It's getting there. It's a really good product. My company implements it frequently. We've got a lot of business out of it and it's only getting better all the time. The only reason I wouldn't give it 9 or 10 is that I still think there's more that can be done, but I think it's a brilliant product. One of the important things about implementing the HCM Cloud solution is that you need to have a slightly different mind-set, a different approach to implementing it. The traditional on-premises…
Consultant at Peg Consulting
The middleware allows you to create a project and all the required and the optional tasks come pre-configured.
Engagement Manager at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Compared to earlier versions, HCM Cloud has built-in business intelligence and reporting capabilities, and not just transactional. Lowering the total cost of ownership would be nice.

What other advice do I have?

The future is the cloud, so if you, as an organization, are reluctant to go on the cloud and adopt that, the only advice there is to get on the bandwagon and adopt this product. Be an early adopter to reap the benefits. Don't wait. If you miss the train, you miss the train.
HRIS Analyst at Fannie Mae
It allows us to consolidate all of our HR functions onto one platform. Whenever Oracle provides a new release, they will overlay certain customizations that you have.

What other advice do I have?

Think long and hard about it, and consider a product that will integrate with payroll easily. I think the advantages are the consolidation of the HCM and functionality. So far the challenges have been more along the lines of support.
Chief Technology Officer at IT Convergence
Leaderboard
The UI is simple, modern, and familiar to our users. It's decreased our cost of training for the different aspects of the system.

What other advice do I have?

Have a knowledgeable partner who knows your HR processes. Don’t select a partner just because of their technical skills with the product or knowledge of the product.
Practice Manager Payroll/T&L at KBACE Technologies
​Its integrated modules, such as for payroll, allow for more seamless business processes.

What other advice do I have?

Make sure that your systems integrator-partner knows the product
Director of Professional Services at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
As a cloud-based service, the subscription pricing is more cost-effective for us than licensing it and we've been able to scale up on the cloud.

What other advice do I have?

Now there's a couple of other companies have it, as well as some consulting companies that do, so get advice from them.