Oracle HCM Cloud OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Oracle HCM Cloud is the #1 ranked solution in our list of top HR Analytics Software tools. It is most often compared to PeopleSoft: Oracle HCM Cloud vs PeopleSoft

What is Oracle HCM Cloud?

Oracle HCM Cloud is a complete HR application suite which helps organizations become more strategic and agile with a best-in-class workforce experience. It integrates HR best practices and technology to provide an engaging, informative, and adaptive HR experience throughout the entire employee lifecycle. Oracle HCM Cloud allows organizations find, develop and retain the best talent, enable collaboration, deliver deep workforce insights, and increase operational efficiency

Oracle HCM Cloud is also known as Oracle Human Capital Management Cloud.

Download the Cloud HCM Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2021

Oracle HCM Cloud Customers

Kovaion Consulting India Pvt. Ltd., eVerge Group, Kalpataru, Logicalis Inc., Macmillan Science and Education, Drivestream Inc., Kamal Osman Jamjoom Group LLC, WAXIE Sanitary Supply

Oracle HCM Cloud Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Oracle HCM Cloud pricing:
  • "Oracle HCM offers many features at a low price."
  • "The solution is expensive."
  • "It has a licensing cost. It has a cloud-based subscription, which is quite cheap."
  • "Licensing fees are on a yearly basis."
  • "On average, it's not a cheap solution."
  • "There is a license required for the use of this solution and we are on an annual license."

Oracle HCM Cloud Reviews

GA
General Manager - Software Solutions at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Very comprehensive with the additional capability for a balanced scorecard

• "Offers a good balanced scorecard capability."
  • "The interface could be more user friendly."

What is most valuable?

This is a very comprehensive solution, covering every aspect of the HCM profit cycle and the life cycle. It's got from hire to fire. It also has the additional capability for a balanced scorecard, which is a key component of any company evaluation. That comes as part of the balanced scorecard concept, as part of a strategy process within the HCM product portfolio. It's a huge benefit to anyone taking up the Oracle HCM solution.

What needs improvement?

I think the interfaces could be improved because when you're going into the landing page,  the interfaces look a bit blunt when they could be more user-friendly. I'd like to see some additional modules around direct integration into healthcare devices. If you have a lot of wearable devices wher the information could be directly put into the system it might be able to predict the probability that someone might go on sick leave, for example. Health and wellness could be incorporated into the system and it would be good to see integration with the wearables within the product. I'd also like to see more integration with AI.

I've been using this solution for close to four years.

This is a stable product.

Scalability is easily achieved because it's on cloud.

The technical support of Oracle is extremely good because they have a defined platform, and everything is clear. One area that could be improved is when requests are made and they move it across different time zones over the period of a day. In the morning, it might go to Asia and if the issue hasn't been solved by the end of the day there, it gets shifted to Europe which can be frustrating.

With the correct knowledge, the setup is relatively straightforward. It's not a download and install solution like MS office so you need people who know the product. And it's not a difficult process to configure the module because the options for customizations are standardized within the solution itself. The process and procedures for getting the add-on, or the additional functionalities included in the solution are clearly defined in terms of how the customization would work within that solution. You need to have a technical, functional consultant to do the configuration, customizations or any additions that might be required.

What other advice do I have?

I rate this solution eight out of 10.

KL
Associate Vice President at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Good at building to client's needs with a robust roadmap and an all-around solid product

• "The solution is very good at building out a roadmap based on client needs and feedback."
  • "The product needs to keep improving the integration tools and the tools to load the data - that whole mechanism - in order to allow for flexibility in the configuration."

What is most valuable?

They've really taken the best of breed from another product. With the products that they're using, like HCM and Finance, they're very solid.

The solution is very good at building out a roadmap based on client needs and feedback.

What needs improvement?

The solution is still quite young, as a cloud service.

They just need to keep enhancing, listening to the customers, and enhancing the business needs of the customers. They need to really get their student administration system out. They need to get that done so that we can purchase that and implement it.

All systems are still growing, and they're enhancing those. I can't say really a specific area of functionality, or feature is lacking. It goes back to overall just listening to the clients and the business needs and enhance from that.

The product needs to keep improving the integration tools and the tools to load the data - that whole mechanism - in order to allow for flexibility in the configuration.

We've been working with the solution for four or five years at this point. We're new to the cloud.

In general, the company is very good at receiving feedback and improving on their solution.

The solution has a SaaS licensing model.

What other advice do I have?

We are a partner and have a relationship with a vendor.

As we use the cloud deployment model, we are always on the latest version of the solution. You don't have a choice. It automatically updates everything regularly.

This application is a software as a service model. Oracle hosts this. It's on their infrastructure. I'm not sure where they have their own infrastructure, however.

I would rate this solution at an eight out of ten. It's my understanding that they are still enhancing a lot of things and there is still a lot of growth ahead for the product.

Private Cloud
Find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, Workday, SAP and others in Cloud HCM. Updated: October 2021.
542,721 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Feras Ahmad
Director : Oracle GRC at Technology Risk Partners
Good support for mobile devices, and an interface with a nice look and feel

• "The most valuable feature is the support for mobile devices."
  • "It would be very nice if we were able to roll back transactions from data that was loaded with the data loader."

What is our primary use case?

I have completed many projects in human capital and human resources using Oracle HCM Cloud. This is across multiple countries and industries and for areas including workforce deployment, absence management, business intelligence reports, and human capital management.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the support for mobile devices. For example, you can open your account, record absences, or review payslips all on your mobile device.

The look and feel of the interface are very nice. It is user-friendly.

What needs improvement?

I have been working with HCM Cloud for five years.

Oracle HCM is a stable product.

This solution is scalable. Our clients are medium-sized companies and enterprises. One of our clients has 54,000 employees who are managed using it. Other examples include clients with 56000, 26000, 2400, and as low as 70 employees.

Prior to HCM Cloud, I worked with the Oracle E-Business Suite. I have not worked with products from other vendors.

The initial setup is straightforward and user-friendly. The length of time required for deployment depends on the modules that are being implemented. Implementing the servers will take approximately four months.

Our in-house team implements Oracle HCM for our clients. We have five people in the company who work with Oracle.

Oracle HCM offers many features at a low price. The pricing is very good.

What other advice do I have?

This is a good product and I recommend implementing it.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Abdul Khadar Jilani Shaik
IT Project Manager at Appstec Technology Services
Localized payroll, well integrated, and reliable

• "This solution has localized the payroll which is a good thing."
  • "Cloud learning can be improved."

What is most valuable?

I work in Saudi Arabia, the localization is most valuable. This solution has localized the payroll which is a good thing. They are providing the same service to HR with the core HRMS system without budgets procuring separately. Performance talent management, Oracle performance management, and recruiting were different before. Previously, it was video recruiting and onboarding, now they have integrated it into a complete solution.

What needs improvement?

Cloud learning can be improved. There should be better integration with courses from other platforms. The courses should be able to be brought into the system and available for the user's software company.

In a future release, Oracle needs to provide a tool that is easily customizable. It also requires a lot of effort trying to develop in Oracle Cloud. There should be a visual builder tool like they provide for Oracle customer for visual customer services. This visual builder is a similar type of service for all applications that is available and it would be much better.

I have been using this solution for approximately six years.

The solution is stable.

Most of our clients are medium to large scale businesses.

I have found the technical support to be helpful. Most of all the support services are good.

The implementation can take up to six months. This time depends on what module is being installed. For example, if a company is implementing a finance supply chain HCM and they want to deploy all the rest of the resources at the same time it will take five months maximum.

The solution is expensive.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Oracle HCM Cloud an eight out of ten.

Sai Kri
Assistant Manager Business Applications at a healthcare company with 10,001+ employees
Good navigation, user friendly, secure, and stable

• "It has good navigation, and it is user friendly and secure. Every three months, there is an upgrade, and it has new features."
  • "It is a cloud solution, so we cannot do much customization. However, if you have a past license, you can do the customization, but unfortunately, we don't have a past license. If we had that, we would have been 100% happy."

What is our primary use case?

We are using it for the HR model, HR payroll, learning management, and performance management.

What is most valuable?

It has good navigation, and it is user friendly and secure. Every three months, there is an upgrade, and it has new features.

What needs improvement?

It is a cloud solution, so we cannot do much customization. However, if you have a
past license, you can do the customization, but unfortunately, we don't have a past license. If we had that, we would have been 100% happy.

I have been using this solution for three years.

It is stable.

It is scalable. We have 10,000 users. We are going to continue using it and increase its usage.

We have our own support consultants. We are maintaining the whole support.

We were using Oracle EBS before migrating to Oracle Cloud.

Being a cloud solution, there is no installation. It only requires configuration.

It has a licensing cost. It has a cloud-based subscription, which is quite cheap.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others. Oracle provides a roadmap for every release and publishes it on its website. You can also give inputs in terms of new features that you are expecting. If a certain number of users are looking for the same feature, Oracle will incorporate it into the subsequent releases.

I would rate Oracle HCM Cloud an eight out of ten.

Private Cloud
MichaelZhang
IT Director at Guangdong Technion Institute of Technology
Stable, good support, and works well for payroll, but the access speed in China needs improvement

• "We have not had any issues with the stability of this solution."
  • "I think they should have a larger data center in China, which would significantly increase the access speed from my current workspace."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to manage our employee's information and their salaries.

Generally, we use it for payroll purposes.

What is most valuable?

The system is okay and works well for us.

What needs improvement?

I think they should have a larger data center in China, which would significantly increase the access speed from my current workspace.

The access and speed should be increased.

I have been using Oracle HCM Cloud for three years.

We are using the latest version. It's a cloud-based solution.

We have not had any issues with the stability of this solution.

As a cloud solution, it's definitely scalable.

If we pay more, we get more features and functionalities. These include options such as recruitment and performance reviews. In general, it's very scalable.

We have 185 users in our organization.

Technical support is fine. We are satisfied with the level of support that we have.

It's an additional cost for higher-level support.

There is no installation required, as it is a cloud-based solution.

Licensing fees are on a yearly basis.

The price could be cheaper. We want it to be as cheap as possible.

What other advice do I have?

Oracle HCM Cloud is a part of Oracle Cloud ERP.

Definitely, I would recommend this solution to others who are interested in using it.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

NA
Senior Oracle ERP Specialist at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Delivers end-to-end functionality that complements all facets of the employee lifecycle

• "The technical support is very good."
  • "There should be more digital assistance included, like chatbots."

What is our primary use case?

We have roughly 4,000 customers using Oracle HCM Cloud.

What is most valuable?

There are a lot of features. I cannot say which is the most valuable. All of them complete each other.

What needs improvement?

There should be more digital assistance included, like chatbots.

The manager should have more control over direct and indirect reports. In short, the user experience and the user-interface need to be enhanced — especially for management.

I have been using Oracle HCM Cloud for four years.

This solution is very stable. I would give the stability a rating of 90%.

It's in the cloud, so, scalability-wise, you cannot control it; however, I can say that it's very flexible.

The technical support is very good.

Before we started using Oracle HCM Cloud, we used an in-house, customized solution.

I set it up myself. The initial setup is not complex, but it's not simple either, it's somewhere in between.

On average, it's not a cheap solution.

What other advice do I have?

Make sure that the person who implements it really knows the product.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give this solution a rating of eight. I would give it a higher rating if they improved the UI and user experience, and reduced the price.

RV
Director & CHRO at a computer software company with 11-50 employees
Highly scalable, good application integration, and setup straightforward

• "The solution has good integration with other applications."
  • "I was part of a program I went to where I had a discussion on the latest innovation of the Oracle HCM. I think some of the newer technology innovations, such as gamification and consumerization are areas that could be improved."

What is our primary use case?

Oracle HCM Cloud can be used for workforce management.

What is most valuable?

The solution has good integration with other applications.

What needs improvement?

I was part of a program I went to where I had a discussion on the latest innovation of the Oracle HCM. I think some of the newer technology innovations, such as gamification and consumerization are areas that could be improved. Additionally, there are certain areas of global compliance where there could be improvements. We use a lot of standalone applications for these elements and we are looking forward to having those elements all in one application.

I have been using Oracle HCM Cloud for approximately eight years.

The solution is stable.

Oracle HCM Cloud is scalable. Oracle is spending a lot of effort in research and development to increase scalability and speed with the high demand for mobile usage.

We have approximately 30,000 users using this solution in my organization.

In a previous organization, I used Workday.

The implementation of the solution is easy because it is a cloud solution.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others if it fits their organization's use case.

I rate Oracle HCM Cloud an eight out of ten.