SCOM Reviews

rating
121
Senior System Engineer with 1,001-5,000 employees
Aug 20 2017

What do you think of SCOM?

What is most valuable?: Monitoring specific to Microsoft Windows and apps: native monitoring. It works better than other products I’ve used – namely SolarWinds, which is cumbersome and error prone for web app monitoring. SCOM is not. • How has it helped my organization?: It has streamlined alerting and gave us the ability to monitor websites better. • What needs improvement?: Non Windows monitoring is fairly weak. Network device monitoring is not reliable. • For how long have I used the solution?: Five years. • What do I think about the stability of the solution?: No. • What do I think about the scalability of the solution?: No. • How is customer service and technical support?: Support was mediocre when I had called once or twice. I drove the call...
Anonymous User
IT Solutions Architect at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Jun 19 2017

What do you think of SCOM?

What is most valuable?: Both SCOM and WhatsUp Gold afford us in-depth troubleshooting capabilities. • How has it helped my organization?: SCOM: The product has helped our organization with in-depth monitoring. WhatsUp Gold: The product has helped our organization with VM monitoring. • What needs improvement?: Both SCOM and WhatsUp Gold could use some system enhancements, such as better dashboards. • For how long have I used the solution?: SCOM: I have used SCOM for about eighteen months. WhatsUp Gold: I have used WhatsUp Gold for nine years. • What do I think about the stability of the solution?: We did not encounter any stability issues with either product. • What do I think about the scalability of the solution?: We did not encounter any scalability...
Find out what your peers are saying about Microsoft, CA Technologies, Micro Focus and others in Event Monitoring.
305,845 professionals have used our research since 2012.
paul zuber
Operating Partner at Thoma Bravo LLC with 11-50 employees
Mar 14 2018

What is most valuable?

Graphing processes. It can send messages to our ticketing system. It has good graphs of what is going on within the operating system.

How has it helped my organization?

We are able to do problem determination on runaway processes.

What needs improvement?

I would like to better be able to monitor Oracle processes.

We did not previously use a different solution, so I asked my manager to look into it.

What other advice do I have?

If you are using Linux, do not discount SCOM just because it is a Windows or Microsoft product. Most important criteria when selecting a vendor:... more»

Articles

User Assessments By Topic About SCOM

305,845 professionals have used our research since 2012.

SCOM Questions

SCOM Projects By Members

SCOM Consultants

What is SCOM?

System Center Operations Manager provides infrastructure monitoring that is flexible and cost-effective, helps ensure the predictable performance and availability of vital applications, and offers comprehensive monitoring for your datacenter and cloud, both private and public.
Also known as
System Center Operations Manager, SCOM 2012
SCOM customers
Dialog Telekom
BUYER'S GUIDE
Download our free Event Monitoring Report and find out what your peers are saying about Microsoft, CA Technologies, Micro Focus, and more!