Some of the valuable features are:
- Non-persistent agent: This is the most valuable feature as there is no permanent client agent on the end user's machine. Support representatives provide the user with a URL and a session key. The user enters the session, during which a small file is installed and then removed completely at the end of the session. It is secure because the company’s network needs to open only port 443.
- Support for Internet device with security: While majority of the users are on corporate networks, quite a few are on the move or home based. Hence, the ability to support users securely over the Internet is a key feature.
- High availability supported with an easy setup and updates: High availability is well implemented with the Atlas Cluster technology for Bomgar appliances. Thus, ensuring the service is available with relatively no down time.
- Remote support for Windows 10 and mobile devices: Support for Windows 10, Android and iOS provides flexibility for organizations to support a wide range of platforms and devices.
- Integration client for archiving: API and integration client for reporting session data and logs has an easy setup. In addition, setting up appliances, configuring the cluster, carrying out backup and updates are hassle-free processes.
- Jump feature enables a Support Representative to push client agent and start unattended session with local and Remote devices. Unmanned locations can take advantage of Jump point, a Role served by one of machines on that network as conduit for unattended connections, Wake up machines and even connect via vPro AMT interface.
- Remote Support 16.2 introduced Web Interface for Representative Console.
- with same functions as Desktop Console.
Improvements to My Organization:
This product provides remote assistance to globally dispersed users with single clustered instance. It also has features such as secure auditing/reporting and multi-language support that are key aspects for our environment.
Room for Improvement:
The Remote support solution based on Bomgar has physical appliances deployed and leveraged to serve our multiple customers. Aging appliances are going RMA now and then.
As new customers come in our Bomgar based remote support solution may include Virtual appliance. Some customers want a local standalone instance. This is where if you can host VM as against physical device its lot attractive proposition. One may consider a Virtual appliance as a stand by in case of physical appliance going for RMA.
Use of Solution:
We have used this product for four years.
I have not encountered any stability issues.
I have not encountered any scalability and availability issues after implementing Atlas Cluster.
Highly professional level.
They provide high quality and timely support.
Previously, local teams have used other solutions like VNC, DameWare or RDP and MS SMS Remote Control tools. For over 4 years Bomagar is the enterprise remote control tool supporting over fifty customers.
The setup process involves various stages such as integrating with AD, setting up SSL, base and site configuration as well as backup, that are not so complicated.
Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing:
This product provides value for money.
Other Solutions Considered:
DameWare and SMS Remote Control tools were previously used.
It is an appliance-based secure and scalable solution for report support. This product keeps improvising its features and performance which is ever so helpful.
Disclosure: I am a real user, and this review is based on my own experience and opinions.