Bomgar Remote Support Review

Integrated chat service with quick elevation to a full control support session has increased our service desk efficiency

What is our primary use case?

Intility is a cloud service provider who serves more than 600 companies with 20,000 users worldwide. It is key to provide our customers with enterprise grade support, and an integrated chat and remote tool support system is essential for this purpose. Easy collaboration between technicians across departments and locations enables us to handle support inquiries efficiently.

How has it helped my organization?

The integrated chat service with quick elevation to a full control support session has increased our service desk efficiency.

What is most valuable?

The jump to feature function is the most valuable to us as it allows us to directly remote control customers. Furthermore, the Collaboration feature between technicians is also crucial.

What needs improvement?

The possibility to integrate a chatbot would take this product to the next level.

We have not encountered any issues with stability. Updates leave us with less than 30 minutes of downtime.

A quick email to support will shortly give us access to updates to upscale where we want, whether it is more concurrent licenses or active clients in our environment.

I would rate the technical support as a nine out of 10. They are polite, quick, and good with follow-ups.

We used one vendor for our remote tool and another for our chat service. None of them met our requirements, so an integrated solution was key.

The setup is no more complex than any other service you would implement. However, with all the different possibilities and features this product has to meet for market needs, you have to expect a level of complexity in terms of security and feature policies.

Although the learning curve is steep, the product is well-documented.

The product maintenance and licensing costs are on the higher end, so I would carefully review how many licenses you need. The concurrent license model is helpful in this manner.

We evaluated TeamViewer and Zendesk.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise others to write down and visualize their requirements.

Remember that this tool can be one of their core components, so an ongoing project is necessary. Furthermore, I would suggest to plan for things such as a customer-facing support portal, continuous automatic install of Bomgar Clients in their environment, SLA reporting to stakeholders, and access policies for representatives/technicians.