IBM MaaS360 Review

Remote enablement and access to internal resources on the VPN are excellent features

What is our primary use case?

We are customers and resellers of this solution and I'm the company's deputy manager.

How has it helped my organization?

The solution has made everything more convenient for us and it's now easier to identify whether something can be fixed remotely or whether it requires a physical examination on the device.

What is most valuable?

The most useful features are remote enablement and access to internal resources on the VPN.

What needs improvement?

The user interface could definitely use some improvement. It's very basic, but anyone not used to it might require some assistance. It's not really intuitive. I'd like to see more access at the account level. It's difficult to identify the number of licenses available in our account and to which interface they belong. We sometimes have to segregate; some users require the full enterprise features while others, who are partners or employees, are just given basic access. Being able to identify and assign the licenses would be very helpful. It's more of an administrative thing in terms of bookkeeping, but it would be great if that issue could be addressed.

I've been using this solution for two years.

The solution is quite stable.

My organization has more than 5,000 users now so I don't see a problem with scale.

I'm a reseller and I provide my own technical services along with the licenses. We charge for professional services. However, if technical support was purely through IBM, the service is definitely lacking. There is a significant turnaround time, and you do need to have someone with qualifications from your own team who understands what to do. Unless you already have somebody who's tech savvy and understands the language, you're going to have to pay for professional services. It's a complex thing to manage.

It's a simple initial setup but complex to use. I believe overall deployment took about a month as it was rolled out in phases. There was integration phasing out of all the software as well as integration with new upcoming cloud services.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution an eight out of 10.

Hybrid Cloud
More IBM MaaS360 reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Microsoft Intune
Learn what your peers think about IBM MaaS360. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
533,638 professionals have used our research since 2012.