IBM MaaS360 Review

A unified platform with good customization and an easy deployment

What is our primary use case?

We have a few use cases. Firstly, we are using the solution for incorporating the licenses. We also use it for smaller devices or to allow an inventory of devices to have access.

We also use the solution for our stores in our business. We need to protect our information while being able to deploy apps and business applications, specifically for our departments.

What is most valuable?

The most important aspect of the solution is the fact that the platform is unified, and that it covers all the mobility services - that includes not only the MDM components or services. The solution includes mobile application management in order to have an application catalog, which is very helpful. In this catalog, we can synchronize and install applications with ease. Within the MDM component, there's mobile set management, in order to incorporate security.

The deployment itself was quite easy.

The stability has been very reliable.

We've found the scalability to be very good.

The price of the solution is quite good.

We've found the interface to be pretty good overall. The dashboards are quite good.

You can customize the solution easily.

What needs improvement?

The main issue we have with the solution is synchronization between the information and between the devices and the portal. The information that we see in the portal sometimes does not reflect, or not show, the real-time situation.

The user experience really isn't so good. It's important that they work to improve this aspect.

I've been using the solution for three years, more or less. It's been a while.

The stability of the solution is excellent. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. The performance is very good.

The scalability is good. If a company needs to expand it, it can do so. It's not a problem.

Currently, in our organization, we have 4,000 people, more or less, that use the product.

We have two models for support. Normally, it falls to the internal department, which manages the support with the IBM products.

However, it's difficult to add new features or to improve anything as there are so many departments around the world. Occasionally, IBM will ask for logs that they want to or need to review, and that can be difficult.

The initial setup was not complex. It was pretty straightforward. A company shouldn't have any issue with the process.

The licensing is paid yearly. We find the pricing to be reasonable. It's not too expensive.

What other advice do I have?

We are an IBM partner.

We are using the latest version of the solution at this time. I'm unsure of the exact version number.

We have the service model, which is very useful to us.

I'd recommend the solution to other companies. There are similar solutions, however. One might be better at this while another is better at that.

In general, I would rate the solution eight out of ten.

More IBM MaaS360 reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Microsoft Intune
Learn what your peers think about IBM MaaS360. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,742 professionals have used our research since 2012.