Marketo Review

Detailed email tracking that is stable and has good support

What is our primary use case?

We are service providers for different customers. We provide them with our services such as managing their campaigns, creating email templates, and lining page templates.

We are using this solution for email templates, API-based work, custom integrations, and campaign management.

We are also using it for live events, webinars, roadshows, and life cycle management as well.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the Marketo emails, both sending and tracking.

Marketo provides detailed tracking. For example, it shows you who has clicked on which link, who has opened the email, and when it was received.

They are improving it and have launched a new version, called Micro Sky, and it seems very good.

What needs improvement?

Its APIs need to be more flexible because there are some things that are not available in the API. They should work in that area and improve it.

I have been using Marketo for approximately five years.

This solution is stable.

We have not yet scaled this solution. We have approximately five users in our organization who are using it.

We have approximately 2000 customers at this time.

Technical support is good.

We can call our technical support and we can open our case in the community.

The initial setup is straightforward and it is quick to deploy.

We have a team in our organization who install the service and the Marketo team to maintain this solution.

We get the log-in details, we set up a domain for the emails and pages. Then we set it up so that our emails are whitelisted.

The licensing cost usually depends on the users. There are different factors to it. For example, how much of a database do you need, and which features do you want to have enabled.

You can contact the customer relationship manager to provide you with the cost.

There are no additional costs for this solution.

We evaluated Pardot and HubSpot, but Marketo seems much better.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend Marketo to others who are interested in using this solution.

I would rate this product a nine out of ten.

More Marketo reviews from users
...who compared it with Pardot
Find out what your peers are saying about Adobe, Salesforce, SAP and others in Marketing Automation. Updated: September 2021.
534,468 professionals have used our research since 2012.