Marketo Review
Marketing Automation that lives in Sales force

Valuable Features:

Marketo gives me the toolset necessary to create automated drip email campaigns to my customers and prospects. HUGE ROI! Great customer service and still (relatively) nimble dev team always willing to help, even in special, or "one-off" scenarios.

Room for Improvement:

UI is a little dated. Pricing. It is NOT cheap, given the functionality of the product. Feels like I could be paying less. Still the results I get from it more than justify the price. Could also do with some better WYSWIG editors for landing page configuration. I also wish that they provided more testing capability and other metrics, like open time, in addition to the metrics they are currently providing. If you're in B2B sales, and are using Salesforce, you NEED Marketo! They provide a comprehensive toolset, that when configured properly, widens the sales funnel in its entirety. You can cut back on SDRs and improve the productivity of each one, which is perhaps another reason of why they charge what they charge. I would highly recommend that if you are considering a Marketo deployment (or similar), you go through the steps necessary to make sure the system is well implemented. Spend time planning out your workflow prior to the implementation. Lead scoring, in conjunction with marketing automation, make for POWERFUL TOOLS. Marketo is no exception, but we made the mistake of doing a partial implementation in the first go round, and it was not until I saw another company's deployment that I realized how much we were leaving on the table.

Other Advice:

Use case that would be extremely relevant for a Marketo Deployment: Interested parties submit information requests. They are stored into Marketo, based on what actions they take (how long they spent on the site, looked at these white papers, etc). They will then get follow-on emails to help qualify the opportunity. Once they respond, and certain criteria is met, the system will pass the lead off to a Sales rep, significantly cutting down on higher touch "pre-qualified" communication.
2 visitors found this review helpful