Oracle HCM Cloud Review

As a cloud-based service, the subscription pricing is more cost-effective for us than licensing it and we've been able to scale up on the cloud.

What is most valuable?

For me personally, the most valuable is the account management suite. They're constantly developing it.

How has it helped my organization?

Oracle moved the solution to the cloud from on-site. This is more cost-effective for us as a subscription service rather than as a licence-based solution.

What needs improvement?

The mobile capabilities need to be improved. It would be good for our workforce to be able to access the information from mobile devices and respond to requests. The product is still in development, but the mobile capabilities are still better than their eBusiness suite, and we are happy with it for now.

We're still finding some issues, and third-party apps that need using with our systems. There's still a lot of development to be done, but they are constantly adding new features and modules. Currently, if Oracle doesn't have a solution, we can find a vendor who does.

I've used it for about three years.

No issues encountered.

No issues encountered yet.

We're scaling up on the cloud, and it's getting there.

They're fairly quick with their responses, 8/10. Every time we need a modification done, we need to speak to them.

They're on top of things, 8/10 as there's always room for improvement.

We previously used several different Oracle solutions, mainly converged systems. We wanted to have everything in one system, and are currently planning on importing our accounting into it.

It was complex because we have several systems that needed integrating into the cloud system. With the API we use, this was done and it works well. There was also a lot of process change, because instead of tailoring the system to fit the process, we had to tailor the processes to the system.

Most of the development was controlled by Oracle. The implementation itself though was done in-house with help here and there from a consultant.

Work the best price you can, and tailor the product for your company to get the best price.

We didn't as we already had experience with Oracle, and wanted to move to their subscription service.

What other advice do I have?

Now there's a couple of other companies have it, as well as some consulting companies that do, so get advice from them.

**Disclosure: IT Central Station contacted the reviewer to collect the review and to validate authenticity. The reviewer was referred by the vendor, but the review is not subject to editing or approval by the vendor. The reviewer's company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We're an Oracle partner.