Oracle HCM Cloud Review

Allows employees and HR teams to utilize functions from remote locations. There is little or no option to customize business processes.

What is most valuable?

SaaS solution that reduces cost of ownership and maintenance

Offers free upgrades with the latest features and add-on capabilities for modules that we require

Oracle provides two upgrades for their cloud HCM solution each year. These upgrades include enhancements to existing functionality, new functionality, or introducing new modules that can manage business processes more efficiently.

For example, at the initial stage, we got core HCM modules that were helpful in managing employees and organizational details.

With subsequent free upgrades, we got the ability to use social connects like chats, group discussions, and online meetings.

With further upgrades, we kept on getting enhanced user experience with revised UI, mobile applications, and iPad-dedicated applications.

These upgrades are part of our service agreement. As long as we keep paying subscription fees, we keep on getting these upgrades for free.

Our organization covers three states in India and 4 in US. Employees are spread across these regions and need to access HCM system on-the-go. Oracle HCM Cloud offers subscription based services to system that includes web based interface, and mobile and ipad application. A simple net connections and credentials are enough for employees to access system and utilize HCM related services like time sheet, leave or personal information update.

In addition to this, inbuild chat system helps employee keep connected with each other and HR Representatives for day-to-day tasks and follow-ups if required.

How has it helped my organization?

Our organization is spread out over a wide geographic region. Using cloud-based technology, we assure that all employees and HR teams have a seamless experience from their desktop, on-the-go mobile application, or iPads. They can utilize functions like absences, timesheets, and expense management with a decent internet connection, anywhere and anytime.

What needs improvement?

As the product is cloud based, it is a heavily standardized system.

There is little or no option to customize business processes, features, or integrate the few exceptional business processes to work with the existing product.

The majority of HR functions are standardized in terms of transactions in the system. However, each organization has peculiar functions, such as their forms.

As of now, there is no functionality in the system to accommodate such exceptions. They do have functionality to incorporate some in other products. These are excluded, especially for cloud HCM.

I have been using this solution for over three years.

We faced stability issues during the nascent stage of implementation, but none after that.

As a part of our service agreement, we provide services to a number of users over a geographic spread and during peak usage times. This communication helped us manage scalability without any challenges.

Technical support, during some stages, was a bit of hassle. As the product is now stable, we have fewer instances that require support.

We used a customized system provided by a local vendor. As our organization grew, we needed a better solution that would work for us and across various geographies.

The initial setup was a bit of challenge. There were issues to take care of such as new terminology, functionality, and legislative requirements.

From our experience, we would recommend to go for a basic system and functionality at the initial stage. Switch to additional (non-essential) modules if, and when, the organization needs better functionality.

Implementing all modules or features in one go might increase implementation time and complicate the process.

We evaluated three other products. Two of them were from local vendors and the other was Workday. As Workday is officially not supported for India, we had to rule that out.

Owning to our past experience with local products, we chose to go with Oracle. The system is supported in all geographic locations that we operate in and has a good presence with clients to reference.

What other advice do I have?

Definitely use it.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are a retail partner, implementation (Platinum partner) and customer with this vendor.
More Oracle HCM Cloud reviews from users
...who compared it with Oracle E-Business Suite
Find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, Workday, SAP and others in Cloud HCM. Updated: May 2021.
512,221 professionals have used our research since 2012.