ServiceNow Now Platform Review

A reliable low-code solution that is flexible and has good support for complex problems

What is our primary use case?

I am in a consultant position as the office of operating activity and business activity. I have one foot on the operation side and the other on the sales side of things. We implement solutions for our customers, and ServiceNow Now is one of the platforms that we work with.

What is most valuable?

This solution is very reliable, and they are proactive.

This is a development platform that provides us with a strong database and a low code environment. Many things can be carried out without answering questions, such as database architecture, database relationships between tables, and fields.

What needs improvement?

The platform is quite complicated, because of the basics of the software.

The basic reporting system is rather static.

The pricing of this solution could be reduced, as it's expensive.

The technical support could offer more in terms of basic inquiries. They thrive with more complicated issues.

I have been using this solution for eight years.

It's a stable solution. As they are providing a cloud system with multiple operation sites, in terms of reliability it's 99.97%

This solution is scalable. We can scale this product infinitely, which is what we expect from the Cloud. It's not just scaling, but descaling as well. If my company decides that they want to reduce their size then they will need to downgrade to something which is more aligned with the business.

In terms of technical support, if I rely on the usual scale of activity. They are not good at level one or two. They are good at level three, which means that if you have a very specific issue, something that is quite complicated, or it deals with the architecture of the platform, they are quite good. Otherwise, they are not good. For the basic use of the application or an issue that is a bit more complicated, the support can be improved.

The initial setup is more straightforward than complex. If you want it complex, then you can do it. The main risk of such a product is that you can invent things that have not yet been invented. But, if you want to go straight from out of the box, you can do it.

It's some kind of an intellectual approach. If you want it out of the box, use it, and take advantage of all these standard issues. If it is already provided by the software, it's fine. From my perspective, this is the way it has to be implemented. It's quite straightforward.

Customers can install it by themselves and request implementation through an integrator. This is the way this product has been built.

We installed it for ourselves, and we are the integrators for our customers.

It's expensive and if you need some analytical views of your activity, there is an additional cost.

Today, there is a product called Mendix that is a good development tool. At the time we selected this product, there were not that many providing the possibilities.

What other advice do I have?

It's a very reliable, strong product.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Private Cloud
More ServiceNow Now Platform reviews from users
...who compared it with Mendix
Learn what your peers think about ServiceNow Now Platform. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
510,882 professionals have used our research since 2012.