Broadcom Clarity PPM Competitors and Alternatives
Read reviews of Broadcom Clarity PPM competitors and alternatives
Enterprise Portfolio Manager at Wellmark
Real UserTop 5
Sep 27, 2020
A lot of of the value is around the project metrics, strategic planning, and programs and then tying that into outcomes
What is our primary use case?We have historically used it for resource management and project, so, work management. They're maturing different pieces of the resource management and the work management to leverage some of that. Other use cases that we've started with would be planning, strategies and outcomes. We have it initially built out from a beginning use case and continuing to mature that as we roll out some change in the organization of moving to a strategically managed portfolio, not just a tech portfolio.
Pros and Cons
- "A lot of of the value is around the project metrics so far but as I get more plugged into the strategic management, it's strategic planning and programs and then tying that into outcomes. I work with executive leadership and that's really what they're looking for, to say, "Okay, what outcomes do we want to achieve and how are we going to get there, plan that out, sequence that out, and then get the work to do that? And then track the work back to where we're headed with our outcomes.""
- "We've been using it for a while, so it's about maturity. It's about being able to build out things in Agile groups and teams and some of that. Then really trying to drive into the direction of Lean Portfolio Management and more Agile program management, I think is where we're heading."
What other advice do I have?A big lesson for the organization was not to so prescriptively narrow their opportunities. The way they had it configured prior to me coming on, they had shut themselves off from being able to implement feature capabilities because they had driven out so many restrictive requirements that some of the things couldn't be leveraged. We've been understanding what the capabilities are and where we would like to be, and having a different conversation with Planview when we partnered with them and their global consulting services, to understand what that roadmap looks like, so that we could be guided…
Luis Alejandro Sarmiento
Agile PMO Chief at Claro
Real UserTop 5
Jan 14, 2021
Simple user experience with good usability and accessibility
What is our primary use case?We primarily use the solution based on its mobility. I can use it online or via mobile phones or anywhere I can get internet access.
Pros and Cons
- "The usability is excellent."
- "We need to be able to compare milestones, calls, and other variables regarding the projects we are working on. I have to contract developers to make reports, which is where things get complicated. They need to develop personal and custom fields for us."
What other advice do I have?We are Microsoft Partners. Currently, I am using Project Online and Project Server. The 2015 versions. At the moment, I am in the process of deploying, the solution in more areas. I start with IT projects and telecom projects. Currently, I am working to introduce regular projects, marketing projects, product projects, etc. I am working to introduce more areas in the Project Server environment. On a scale from one to ten, I would rate it at an eight.
IT Consultant with 1,001-5,000 employees
Nov 30, 2020
Has strong reporting features but it can become unstable when using advanced features
What is our primary use case?Our use cases are all related to project management and I've actually developed project schedule templates that support both the standard waterfall and all different aspects of project lifecycle management including Agile and Scrum.
Pros and Cons
- "The reporting features are quite strong. Being able to do team reports and find out what work is pending, what work needs to be done are key in my day-to-day management of the team. The earned value analysis capabilities and critical path capabilities inside the tool help me make sure that I'm keeping the projects on track."
- "When you start getting into the more advanced features, it can become unstable. The more you use the advanced features, the more exposure you have to an unanticipated result. I think we need to add the Kanban Board capability to the product that would help them advance that board into the project management methodology that's being used in the industry today. Being able to depend on Scrum management is key."
What other advice do I have?It is a mainstay product. A lot of people use that as their first introduction and it's not meant to be a project management ERP solution, like Life Clarity or the others but it is a capable product that establishes a framework and a basis that can be used across the industry. I would rate Microsoft Project a seven out of ten because you'd have to have in-depth knowledge of the tool for it to really be beneficial to you. It also allows the new developers and new project managers to come in and be proficient and be able to develop schedules fairly readily. From that standpoint, it's fairly…
Director, Project Management at TradeStation
Nov 5, 2019
Its time tracking, portfolio management reporting, and what-if analysis create visibility
What is our primary use case?We use it for project portfolio management in the organization. We are using the latest version.
Pros and Cons
- "Time tracking, portfolio management reporting, and what-if analysis create visibility into project planning, resource capacity, and demand planning."
- "The initial setup was a little complex. There is so much to customize. It'd be good to have some templates out-of-the-box."
What other advice do I have?Make sure you do good due diligence on LeanKit and the integration with JIRA. That is something that we didn't look into as much, even though it's part of our offering, and we need to understand it now better. Projectplace is good for visualization and collaboration. It's a little tricky with how it syncs between the two. However, our plan is to have Projectplace for more of our collaboration space and PPM Pro do more of our reporting. We are looking to implement Projectplace in LinkedIn. I would rate this solution as an eight (out of 10).
IT Governance Senior Consultant at Axianseu Digital Solutions S.A.
Oct 23, 2019
Excellent solution for portfolio management that's user-friendly and easy to setup
What is our primary use case?We primarily use the solution for project and portfolio management.
Pros and Cons
- "The interface is user-friendly. It's one of the most user-friendly on the market, and the most complete."
- "The cost could be improved. The solution is quite pricey."