Zoom Overview

Zoom is the #2 ranked solution in our list of top Virtual Meetings tools. It is most often compared to TeamViewer: Zoom vs TeamViewer

What is Zoom?

Zoom helps businesses and organizations bring their teams together in a frictionless environment to get more done. Our easy, reliable cloud platform for video, phone, content sharing, and chat runs across mobile devices, desktops, telephones, and room systems. Message me to learn more about how Zoom can help your business or organization Visit zoom.com and follow @zoom_us.

Zoom Buyer's Guide

Download the Zoom Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2021

Zoom Customers

Fortinet, Veeva, Proofpoint, Box, Ticketmaster, Trend Micro, Caesars Entertainment, Santa Clara University, Pandora, Stanford Continuing Studies

Zoom Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Zoom pricing:
  • "There is a free version available with time limits."

Rebekah Shields
Strategy & Operations at Allstacks
Very user friendly, easy to share screens, and lots of useful features

What is our primary use case?

I primarily use the solution for remote meetings. My typical use case is doing product tours, as well as tool connections, and explainer videos for how to use dashboards for our product. I teach people through virtual training.

• "There are lots of great features available to every user."
  • "How they have the gallery aligned when someone is sharing a screen isn't ideal right now. If there were more options on how to arrange it, would be ideal."

What other advice do I have?

We're just a customer. We don't have a professional relationship with Zoom. In terms of advice for implementing the solution, I would probably just say make sure that new users go into the settings within their account and see what they have turned on and off. For instance, I just told my CEO and a couple of the other executives about the option to annotate because I assumed that they knew that was possible. They didn't. There's also the capability of using a whiteboard. There are a bunch of other really great features that are available as well that are not obvious at first. Users need to…
VS
Senior Manager at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Reliable and easy to navigate with easy access to lots of great functionalities

What is our primary use case?

I primarily use the solution for business meetings and occasionally for some personal events as well.

• "The solution is easy to navigate."
  • "The solution needs to have a feature that allows you to take over another person's screen. right now, that's not possible. This is important for our purposes due to the act that we are often using the solution to troubleshoot issues for our clients. If we could just take over their screen and go in and fix issues, it would make troubleshooting infinitely easier."

What other advice do I have?

We're just Zoom customers. We don't have any special business partnership with the company. I'm using the group application and I believe it's the latest version of the solution that I always access. I don't have it downloaded onto my PC. Due to COVID, I've had to organize sessions on my own. Before COVID, I was only invited to sessions. It's only been recently that I've had to get to know all the functionality of to solution and processes behind inviting other people to meetings, etc. I would advise other users to simply use the web application of the solution and to avoid downloading…
Learn what your peers think about Zoom. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
513,091 professionals have used our research since 2012.
PK
CIO at a financial services firm with 51-200 employees
Great functionality, very reliable, and offers excellent video and audio quality

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution to run meetings with our partners occasionally.

• "The video and audio quality are very good."
  • "Although I have not experienced this issue directly, I have heard that there are a lot of security issues with Zoom. Security is very important to us and I have read in the news, there have been a few security issues with them, which worries us in general. We have to update this solution to use it for business purposes soon. We have to check it with an independent security product to verify its safety."

What other advice do I have?

We're using the free version of the solution. We needed to have a company type of access to use it so we do not have a local installation. I would rate the solution nine out of ten.
JJ
RPA Operations Manager at a consultancy with 51-200 employees
Good connectivity and clarity of sound has improved communication internationally

What is our primary use case?

We're a small company, around 65 people. Some are external consultants and the rest are employees. We've been using Zoom since well before the pandemic. I'm the RPA operations manager and we're a customer.

• "Ability to record sessions."
  • "Password requirement for every meeting."

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a 10 out of 10.
Nandini Yadav
Senior Research Associate at LearningMate
Good quality, offers screen-sharing, and the interface is easy to use

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is for video calling, web, and group meetings.

• "The most valuable feature is push notifications"
  • "They should consider increasing the time limits for free users."

What other advice do I have?

Depending on the company budget, this would be a great solution to use. It's user-friendly and the video quality is very good. The bandwidth it requires is good, and you can continue with your meetings without any issues. Compared to other products on the market, this is a very good solution. There are very few options available that have a good interface that is easy to use and understand with good video calling. I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.
AS
Global Procurement at a recruiting/HR firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Stable, and scalable, with a setup that's easy

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution for all of our internal and external meetings.

• "The solution can scale easily."
  • "The only thing that I can't get to work well is putting one of those little fancy wallpaper picture screens behind me during meetings so that I don't show my house or the room I'm attending from. Everyone is basically working remotely at this point. It would help to just have a neutral professional background for meetings that's easy to add."

What other advice do I have?

We're simply customers of the solution; we don't have a professional business relationship with Zoom. We're using the latest version of the solution. I'm not exactly a technical person, so I am only speaking of my personal non-technical experience. I'd rate the solution nine out of ten. It's been great to use so far.
GG
Founder & Solution Architect at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Ease to use, good performance, and it's compatible with most browsers and devices

What is our primary use case?

We needed a solution where we could do presentations and have video discussions, and be seamlessly integrated with my Google Calendar. We can have video discussions with customers where we can showcase our solutions.

• "It is very quick to get a meeting started."
  • "Technical support is in need of improvement."

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is considering this solution is that if they are looking for a decent web conferencing system then it works well. However, for anything more than that, one should really look around. The product is positioned for conferencing as opposed to messaging. Overall, this is a good web conferencing solution but I would like to see messaging capability, localized numbers for India, and localized support as well. I also want to see better integration with business applications. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
DO
Enterprise Network Architect at a tech services company with 5,001-10,000 employees
MSP
Easy to use and stable, with a free version available for users

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for our meetings.

• "The solution offers a free version."
  • "The paid version is quite expensive. There's no middle ground between free and paid."

What other advice do I have?

We use the latest version of the solution. I don't use the solution too much; I just use it if I have to for meetings. I'd recommend the solution. It's a good product. For quick meetings or for sharing information, it's fantastic. I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.
See 27 more Zoom Reviews