3CX Review
It's a great product to work with.

Valuable Features:

It's a great product to work with. I have been using it in my environment, and if you use it, you have to say that VoIP can't get any simpler then this. It's for the layman use and it also comes with a free version(though this version has a few restriction). Also unlike other types of VoIP software, 3CX connects to public telephone network through independent or hosted SIP gateways.

Room for Improvement:

It is not supported by Linux versions. One using this software has to stick to Windows, Which can be a bit of a thing of concern for a some Administrators. For Linux, one has to switch back to other products. This product is also not open source, which is not much appreciated by the guys like me, who love experimenting with the codes of any product they receive.

3 Comments

it_user4401Vendor

Another pro of IP-PBX is that it is easy to manage because of the web based configuration interface, it is scalable and it allows hot desking and roaming. As you said, for me the biggest con is that IP-PBX can not be used on Linux.

02 May 13
it_user3870VendorLEADERBOARD

Good review!

One major problem with 3CX is the ability to conference call. There are multiple lines that you can use on different calls however to conference the lines together for a joint conversation - can't be done.

This is the only issue I have faced with 3CX - a shame really if that feature was introduced into the free version I'm sure everyone would prefer using 3CX rather than any other free/comericial soft phone.

Wissam

30 May 13
it_user165042Vendor

3CX has call conferencing in the PBX. @WissamAyadi - you are talking about the free 3CX softphone client and thats something different from the PBX being discussed above.

24 November 14