Microsoft 400x400

SharePoint Review
I especially value document sharing. I would like to see more freedom given to a power user.

Valuable Features:

I especially value document sharing.

Improvements to My Organization:

The product has made document sharing with customers easier instead of emailing.

Room for Improvement:

I would like to see the following:

• More freedom given to a power user
  • Feature development on a site collection level without the need for farm-level rights

Use of Solution:

I have used the product for three years.

Stability Issues:

I encountered no stability issues.

Other Advice:

I don't think that this whole review is worth the effort as we are talking about a product (Sharepoint 2010) that is six years old, close to end of life, and not sold anymore. People who are new to this will certainly look for the latest version which I have no experience with.

We are mainly using the document sharing feature to share documents with customers in a secure way.

Actual development depends on server-side tools (Visual Studio running on the Sharepoint server itself), administrator access rights, and activities that cannot be done from machines. I guess this is by design, and probably is not going to be changed.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About SharePoint?

Our experts can help. 242,687 professionals have used our research on 5,991 solutions.