SharePoint Review

There are integrated workflows and it has the flexibility to store various document and lists.

What is most valuable?

It has a lot of flexibility to store various document and lists. There are integrated workflows and it helps to improve the end user's ability to be more efficient.

How has it helped my organization?

Automating the basic approval processes is an easy win. You are no longer required to do the work in emails, but instead using the email as a conduit, you can facilitate the work in the work flow.

The rock solid central document storage makes it very easy for all business departments to have a standard location for their documents.

What needs improvement?

The user interface should improve. It is still a bit clunky for the new user to navigate around.

I have used this product for three years as an administrator and twelve years as an end user.

For the enterprise environment, I did not encounter any stability issues.

There were no scalability issues as such. However, the 500 items limit in views can be limiting in some instances.

I would rate the technical support a 7/10, i.e., by using the internal support teams with various level of knowledge.

We were not using any other solution previously.

What other advice do I have?

For a medium to large scale business, it is excellent.

For a small business, there may be too much overhead costs and a steep learning curve for the solution to be adding any value.