SolarWinds Web Help Desk Review

Ticket management and dashboards are valuable. It integrates with other SolarWinds products.

What is most valuable?

• User interface
  • Ticket management, including assigning techies, workflows, opening & closing of tickets, and the knowledge base
  • Asset management
  • Ticket dashboards

How has it helped my organization?

The ease of integration between various aspects like network management and asset management.

What needs improvement?

Dashboards need some amount of work to be done. Ease of customization is desired.

I have used it for over two years.

I have not encountered any deployment issues; it was very straightforward.

I have not encountered any scalability issues. The solution scales well; currently is working for 60 help desk technicians (IT and non-IT) for over 2,000 users. IT technicians are from four domains: LAN, WAN, security, and desktops. Non-IT technicians include groups like admin, gate pass support, and facilities.

Customer service is fairly good.

Technical support is good.

We previously used a home-grown solution that was replaced, owing to a lack of development effort.

Initial setup was very straightforward. We just needed to plan our deployment well to ensure that we don't encounter pitfalls going ahead.

It is one of the simplest licensing mechanisms and probably reasonable.

Before choosing this product, I did not evaluate other options. We chose SolarWinds WHD to ensure a tight integration with other SolarWinds solutions like NPM, SAM, etc.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: My company is a SolarWinds authorized partner.
More SolarWinds Web Help Desk reviews from users