SolarWinds Web Help Desk Review

Good support for asset management, but the GUI is old-fashioned and needs updating

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and this is one of the products that we provide to our customers.

This solution is primarily used as a ticketing system, and for asset management.

The deployment model varies based on the customer's requirements, although most of the deployments are on-premises.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is the assets management module. They correlate the assets with the user, and you can see the history of each asset, each transaction, and each feature for every individual user.

The system can automatically create scheduled tasks, for example, maintenance every month or every week, based on tickets.

What needs improvement?

The GUI for this solution can be better.

This solution needs to have mobile application support added.

I have been using this solution for around two years.

I have used this solution in production environments and it is stable.

In my experience, I have used this solution in SMBs and large corporations, but I am not sure if it is enterprise-grade. For SMBs and large businesses, it is fine.

There are two types of users for this solution. There are technicians and there are end-users. My customers have medium-sized teams who use this solution, and it depends on their requirements.

I normally get my support for this solution from the community. There are references available on the internet. I have not contacted technical support.

I have experience with other solutions such as ManageEngine, but I choose the product which best matches the requirements.

There is a setup wizard that takes you through the installation, step-by-step, and you can do it on your own without any special knowledge.

The implementation then requires time and tuning according to the project requirements. This includes integrating other applications that you may have, setting up your procedures, assets, and users. I categorize these items as an orientation process, and it takes a little bit of time to complete.

The application will be online in about thirty minutes.

What other advice do I have?

This is a good solution, but the GUI is really old-fashion and needs to be updated. I can use it, and it meets my requirements, but I expect it to be better.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.