Spiceworks

Spiceworks Review
It has made the process of getting support to end users quicker, but I'd like to be able to remove some of the default actions that are in the drop down menu of the tickets.

Valuable Features:

• Integration with Active Directory
  • The ticketing system for the end users
  • The ease of making it work the way the IT Support Team want it to

Improvements to My Organization:

Once the end users got used to the idea of creating an IT ticket, it has made the process of getting the support to them quicker, plus if they come up with the same problem themselves they can look at fixing it themselves as I leave notes in the ticket for them to follow in the future or they can use the Knowledge Base.

Room for Improvement:

Scanning of the network, being able to remove some of the default actions that are in the drop down menu of the tickets. I think they should create a light version just for tickets as this can be used by many different trades not just IT.

Use of Solution:

I implemented the use of Spiceworks in 2012 when I was employed by my current employer, and we are still using it.

Deployment Issues:

No issues encountered.

Stability Issues:

We have not encountered any problems.

Scalability Issues:

No problems with scalability.

I have not had to use their customer service. I know people that have, and they have said it is faultless.

I haven’t had the need to request tech support from Spiceworks, however asking a question in the Spiceworks Community is very good, you are guaranteed to get a solution.

Previous Solutions:

My employer used an IT Company for the solution, with me introducing them to Spiceworks we saved over £700 per month meaning we could start to develop the IT infrastructure.

Initial Setup:

Setting up Spiceworks is simple as long as you follow the instructions. I have even deployed it for the maintenance guys, so they can have tickets for the work to be carried out around the site. (They only get the ticket side of Spiceworks, no network stuff.)

Implementation Team:

I implemented the use of Spiceworks.

ROI:

Spiceworks is free so the ROI is unbelievable.

Cost and Licensing Advice:

If you are a small – medium sized business you cannot go wrong with using Spiceworks to help you provide an A+ IT support as it is free.

Other Solutions Considered:

We looked at Solarwinds and a couple of others provided by local IT companies.

Other Advice:

As mentioned above if you are a small – medium sized company then I would use Spiceworks.

1 visitor found this review helpful
Picture ravi suvvari

2 Comments

Andrew roper li?1422460374
Andrew RoperReal UserTOP 20

I'd be curious to know which elements of the ticketing system the author would like to see changed. We use it and we have customized some of those properties.

Like (0)27 August 15
721394f7 1961 403b b45c dacd07ef6b58 avatar

Hi Andrew,
On the Help Desk drop down you have vendor tickets, purchase need etc, we don't require them so it would be nice to have the ability to remove them.
Steve

Like (0)27 August 15
Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About Spiceworks?

Our experts can help. 213,954 professionals have used our research on 5,586 solutions.