Spiceworks Review

It's simple, with a straightforward configuration, help desk features and a big and helpful community.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the Spiceworks Helpd Desk feature and the Inventory monitoring features.

How has it helped my organization?

The most basic examples of how this product helped our organization is the implementation of the Help Desk feature from which we finally were able to improve our operational efficiency in meanings of providing more quality and responsiveness to our clients and also, measuring the efficiency of our employees. We also liked the monitoring and reporting of the IT Inventory feature from which we got real time event reporting.

What needs improvement?

For now this suits our needs, although a Linux version would also be a great improvement.

I've used it for about two years. At first I started testing it, but I got attached to it pretty fast and went to full implementation.

No, none whatsoever.

I would rate the level of customer support as excellent. They are professionals in every possible way. As a matter of fact, I kind of feel about them as colleagues.

used PRTG Network Monitor, and the reason I chose SpiceWorks was because of the simplicity, the budget that I had available which is zero.

I used PRTG Network Monitor, and the reason I chose Spiceworks was because of the simplicity, the budget that I had available which is zero.

The set up process was very simple. Pretty much next, next and next. You just provide the needed credentials from your network in order for Spiceworks to sort the things out for you.

The ROI is basically efficiency and improvement.

I tested both the Cloud version of Spiceworks Help Desk and the In-House version. I would say that the cloud version is pretty simple to run but I would recommended it for a small company with simple requests from clients. The In-House version offers more technical configurations, custom reporting etc. and is definitely a solution for a more robust environment.

What other advice do I have?

Considering the fact that this is a free product, all you can get from this software is Improvement in the way you organization operates and how your clients perceive you. Try Spiceworks, you won’t regret it. It’s simple, it won’t give you headaches during configurations and you can even add your coffee machine in the inventory.