Salesforce Sales Cloud Review

Simple to set up but very complex and expensive

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for managing our organization's leads and our customer accounts.

How has it helped my organization?

Salesforce has made it so much easier to expedite the process of getting the information about our leads and clients. It's really sped everything up in a major way.

What is most valuable?

The solution is very user-friendly. Anyone can jump on and start working.

The product is very fast and responsive. There's no lag time when you are on the platform.

The initial setup is very easy.

What needs improvement?

The problem is the solution has gotten so big, it's very complex now. It's a bit difficult to figure out how to do certain actions.

The solution probably has between 300-500 features already. I can't think of one they are lacking.

The solution is quite expensive.

I've been using the solution since 2012. It's been a long time. I'd say it's just under a decade at this point.

The product is largely stable and dependable. Every once in awhile, you may get a bug or glitch. However, it's rare, and it rarely affects our work.

The solution is very scalable. It scales quite well, as a cloud solution.

We only have five people on the platform currently. It's not too many. We have one administrator and two or three sales people that are on it regularly.

We are not very satisfied with technical support. You have to go through these gateways, and sometimes the support will respond, and sometimes they don't respond at all. It's all depending on if you're a paid subscriber to the support or not. If you are not, then they won't respond. It's lacking. If we bought the service, they should want to help us, and yet the way it's set up, that's not the case at all.

Overall, I'd rate the technical support at a six out of ten.

I used to NetSuite, however, it was a very long time ago at this point. It's almost been ten years.

The initial setup isn't complex at all. It's very straightforward. It's basically an out-of-the-box product. You don't have to play around with configurations.

The solution isn't cheap. It's very costly for an organization like ours. It's also expensive to integrate the solution with other products.

What other advice do I have?

We're a Salesforce customer. We don't have a business relationship with the company.

We're using the enterprise version of the solution.

It's a good product. It's perfect for people who really want to grow their company. If they have resources to really spend on organizing their leads and clients then Salesforce is a pretty good option. That said, it is not for everybody.

On a scale from one to ten, I'd rate this solution at a six. If it was more competitively priced and was a little less complex, I'd rate it higher. It's just too big for us.

More Salesforce Sales Cloud reviews from users