Cisco Secure Email Competitors and Alternatives
Read reviews of Cisco Secure Email competitors and alternatives
Solution Architect at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Has intelligent sensing of attacks and offers assistance for load balancing but support is lacking
What is our primary use case?Our primary use of this solution is for the main features: intelligent sensing of attacks and the assistance for load balancing. The features are very good. The system is intelligent enough to determine which emails are genuine and deliverable and which are spam or phishing or other types of potential attacks. It processes emails in real-time and it can protect your email server and provide good security for an organization's network.
Pros and Cons
- "It is an excellent, intelligent solution that provides maximum security from email attacks."
- "The technical support is not available globally 24/7 and this is the biggest problem with the product."
What other advice do I have?As far as advice to other organizations considering this solution, I would generally recommend the product. But it depends. I can recommend Barracuda as a user because I have not had any problem with it. But if your organization has a limited budget, you might want to consider going with Trend Micro. Trend Micro is also a very good product, and it is a little cheaper than Barracuda when it comes to pricing structure. But Trend Micro is also not as easy to implement and use as Barracuda. So you would have to determine whether Barracuda is worth investing in so that you save time and effort…
Head Of Finance And Administration at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Dec 19, 2020
Good gateway and email security with an easy initial setup
What is our primary use case?We use Mimecast as our email gateway. We also use it as our archival service. All those phishing, anti-phishing, spear phishing, spamming, and other security filters that they have, we use all of them.
Pros and Cons
- "It's really quite user-friendly. In terms of technical superiority and the product itself, there are no complaints. It is really cutting edge."
- "We have subscribed to an archival service, and yet, when we have to get our data out, we have to pay a fee to get our own data. They charge an extraction fee."
What other advice do I have?We're just an end-user. We use their Perimeter Defense plan, we use their Continuity plan, we also use email to archive. These are the three scales that we use from them. I would advise others considering the solution to technically evaluate their competencies, their highs, and lows, first. Also, read the fine print, and understand the exact costs. A company will need to understand natively how much of Mimecast capabilities does Microsoft offer if you just subscribe to an Office 365 license. It might make them rethink using this solution. From a technical standpoint, I would rate the solution…
Security Engineer at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Aug 30, 2019
Efficiently protects against malicious email contents, but the reporting and dashboards need improvement
What is our primary use case?We are a distributor of various products, and this is one of the solutions that we provide to our customers. The primary use case for this solution is filtering spam, junk, and other anonymous emails for malicious contents and sites. It is also used for filtering outgoing emails in terms of viruses and malware content.
Pros and Cons
- "All of the filtering features are very nice."
- "The reporting functionality needs to be improved, as it is not customizable."
What other advice do I have?My advice to anybody considering this solution is to first evaluate the product and understand the features that they need. See whether the solution is capable of handling the requirements. If it can satisfy them, then go ahead and implement. However, I would not recommend purchasing this product before conducting an evaluation. We are looking forward to seeing new features in the next release of this solution. We are expecting to see DLP, UEBA, and Risk-Adaptive Protection. There are a lot of limitations on this product when you compare to other products in the market. I would like to see…
Network Administrator at Mashreq Group
Real UserTop 20
Aug 27, 2019
Great anti-spam properties and perfect configuration
What is our primary use case?Our primary use case of this solution is for its anti-spam properties. In order to protect our mail server in our data center from spams, we need an anti-spam program.
Pros and Cons
- "The solution is very, very stable."
- "I would like it if the solution could be more affordable."
What other advice do I have?I rate this program a ten out of ten, because it's configured right. The person who configured it actually knows what the real function of anti-spam is. It protects me from cryptography. I do see some connection delay from time to time, but I believe it is because of the Sandbox check.
Ken Murimi Murungi
Network Security Manager at xtranet
Good encryption for email security that protects the network
What is our primary use case?We use this solution for email security. We have both on-premises and cloud versions.
Pros and Cons
- "The encryption features are most valuable to us."
- "I've not been able to use more than two domains in the back end. I like to view logs for the different domains. If I add any other domain I'm not able to get a proper cPanel for that domain. I am talking about the login factors. I'm not able to see logs for different domains in a different Window. Basically, it's an issue in the login process."