Salesforce Marketing Cloud OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Salesforce Marketing Cloud is the #1 ranked solution in our list of top Social CRM tools. It is most often compared to Oracle Eloqua: Salesforce Marketing Cloud vs Oracle Eloqua

What is Salesforce Marketing Cloud?
Salesforce Marketing Cloud includes the set of marketing tools, built on a unified platform: Journey Builder, create 1-to-1 consumer journeys across all channels and departments. Email Studio, builds personalized email campaigns with the world's #1 email marketing platform. Salesforce DMP, capture and activate data from any source on a unified platform. Salesforce Data Studio, supports marketing with data from the premium data ecosystem. Social Studio listen, publish, and engage with your consumers across social media channels. Advertising Studio Target 1-to-1 advertising using your CRM data to acquire and re-engage consumers. Mobile Studio Personalize mobile interactions including SMS, push notifications, and group messaging. Interaction Studio Visualize, track, and manage realtime consumer experiences - driving valuable engagement at the right moment, just the way your audience prefers. And Pardot Unite marketing and sales on a single platform for B2B marketing automation.

Salesforce Marketing Cloud is also known as ExactTarget.

Salesforce Marketing Cloud Customers
American Express, Financial Conduct Authority, KPN, Merck KGaA, Peterborough City Council, The Chapar, ADP, Financial Times, Stanley Black & Decker, SureFlap, Western Union, Philips
Salesforce Marketing Cloud Video

Archived Salesforce Marketing Cloud Reviews (more than two years old)

RICKY RAKESH JHA FIP
User
Leaderboard
Eliminated multi-platform departmental dependency

What is our primary use case?

A powerful platform with robust features — for a seamless one-tool solution.

How has it helped my organization?

Eliminated multi-platform departmental dependency Helped in the controlled sales cycle.

What is most valuable?

Options with API and cross-platform connectivity.

What needs improvement?

Data protection and region specfic customization.

What is our primary use case?

A powerful platform with robust features — for a seamless one-tool solution.

How has it helped my organization?

• Eliminated multi-platform departmental dependency
  • Helped in the controlled sales cycle.

What is most valuable?

Options with API and cross-platform connectivity.

What needs improvement?

Data protection and region specfic customization.

Senior Marketing Automation Consultant at CloudShift Group

What is our primary use case?

The need to build a single, comprehensive view of each consumer to power 1-to-1 journeys. Integrate every touchpoint and experience with your brand across advertising, marketing, commerce, sales, service, and apps.

How has it helped my organization?

• Allows organisations to engage customers with one integrated platform to unify sales, service, and marketing.
  • Allows organisations to connect with leads and customers across every channel, on any device.
  • Allows organisations to implement automated solutions, saving time and money.

What is most valuable?

Content Builder: Content Builder is a cross-channel content management tool that allows you to consolidate images, documents, and content in a single location for use in the Marketing Cloud. With an easy-to-use, drag and drop interface, Content Builder allows you to create re-usable templates for emails and landing pages.

Advertising Studio: Advertising Studio uses existing customer data from email, mobile push interactions and conversions on your site to securely sync with the contact's Facebook, Twitter, Google AdWords and Social Studio accounts. Engage customers with relevant, timely messages and find new customers with similar attributes by combining the functionality of Advertising Audiences and Advertising Campaigns.

Social Studio: Social Studio is a one stop solution allowing you to manage, schedule, create and monitor posts organized by brand, region or multiple teams and individuals in a unified interface. Social Studio offers powerful real-time publishing and engagement platform for content marketers, plus the comprehensive content performance by social network and time frame.

Journey Builder: Journey Builder is used for creating responsive, automated, multi-channel campaigns. Use Journey Builder to design a communication plan that reaches customers at every stage of their journey with your brand.

What needs improvement?

Marketing Cloud releases product updates every three months. With each update, users have to adapt to the product changes and new interfaces.

To improve user experience, there should be clear workflows to assist the user through the setup processes. The help documentation also needs to reflect product updates more accurately. Being at the front of innovation is difficult if you are playing a guessing game.

Three to five years.

Marketing Cloud provide a live feed of any product issues, and users are notified in advance of any stability issues. As a side note, this product is cloud based and I would recommend using a Chrome browser to limit issues.

There are no issues with scalability as long as you have a well-defined solution prior to account configuration.

This is dependent on the license you purchase.

• I would rate Standard Support 8/10.
  • I would rate Premium Support 10/10.

This is dependent on the license you purchase. If you have a standard support agreement and need a quick fix, I would recommend escalating your cases as soon as the option appears in your case log.

• I would rate Standard Support 5/10.
  • I would rate Premium Support 9/10.

This is dependent on what your business is trying to achieve.

An integrated approach is always recommended. If you are using Salesforce Sales and Service Cloud, the initial set up is medium complexity. If you are integrating with other CRM systems, websites and apps, you will need an experienced developer to implement your solution.

A non-integrated approach, such as manual imports and file drops is a straightforward setup. However, you will not reap all the benefits of Marketing Cloud.

As consultants, we will always implement Marketing Cloud for our clients. This requires working collaboratively with key stakeholders to discover, plan, build, test and deploy the correct solution.

We have have a dedicated Customer Intelligence Manager who works closely to define our clients' measures of success. We find it challenging to measure ROI directly through Marketing Cloud, often this is a wider conversation.

We make educated recommendations about which features would be used to implement our clients' solutions. Our clients engage directly with Marketing Cloud to negotiate licensing costs. In general, the costs are high.

Initially my previous company Davanti Consulting chose Marketo as an alternative Marketing Automation tool, however we did not see this as a good fit for the business.

My current company CloudShift Group stay ahead of the game by solely offering Marketing Cloud (B2C) and Pardot (B2B) as our preferred marketing automation tools.

What other advice do I have?

Consider your options and stay true to what is best for your business.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Current - CloudShift Group are a leading Salesforce Partner in the UK. They are believed to be the fastest partner to reach Platinum status. We provide a suite of Salesforce services across all Salesforce clouds - Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, CPQ, Einstein Analytics, Field Lightning Services, Marketing Cloud, Pardot. Previous - Davanti Consulting are the Go-To-Market Partner in New Zealand for Salesforce Marketing Cloud and a global Platinum Partner for Salesforce.com
it_user701454
Sales and Marketing analytics Team Lead at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
We are able to concentrate all inbound and outbound data in one screen.

What is most valuable?

We are able to concentrate all inbound and outbound data in one screen.

How has it helped my organization?

This tool is user-friendly. They can improve on the analytics and visualization parts inside the tool itself.

What needs improvement?

The analytics feature needs some improvement.

We have been using the solution for two years.

We did not encounter any issues with stability.

We did not encounter any issues with scalability.

I would rate the technical support at 8/10. I raised many problems on the website and I got good responses.

Which solution

What is most valuable?

We are able to concentrate all inbound and outbound data in one screen.

How has it helped my organization?

What needs improvement?

The analytics feature needs some improvement.

We have been using the solution for two years.

We did not encounter any issues with stability.

We did not encounter any issues with scalability.

I worked on Oracle Eloqua and Marketo. However, Salesforce is user-friendly and the sales rep can easily handle data.

The setup was easy.

Add more features that include both analytics and visualization.

We did not evaluate any alternative solutions.

What other advice do I have?

It is a good product.

Email Solutions Architect at a marketing services firm with 501-1,000 employees
I found the script functionality and the cloud pages to be very useful.

What is most valuable?

For me, having a developer mindset, I found the script functionality and the cloud pages to be very useful.

How has it helped my organization?

I automated the creation of almost everything in the platform using scripts and cloud pages to make life easier for the deployment team.

What needs improvement?

There are a few bugs here and there, but nothing bad. The platform is pretty robust. One thing to improve would be the error messages which aren't very helpful.

We have been using this solution for more than two years now.

Deployments are fine, unless there is a human error.

The platform is quite stable, but the platform updates have made some issues in the past.

Salesforce Marketing Cloud platform is able to handle billions of subscribers and huge Data Extensions, so there nothing bad to report here in terms of scalability.

It seems that they try to sneak in a fee wherever they can. For instance, making you pay for Trigger emails to be instant instead of with a few minute delay.

That's where it gets bad, in my opinion. I have had to deal with the support several times. Almost every time, I told them the solution to the problem because I figured it out faster than they did. I guess the issue is the Level-1 support, because it's hard to make them understand what the issue is.

I used the Experian email platform and it was very slow and hard to use. Mailchimp is great for small businesses, but I wouldn't recommend it for a big corporation. I also had a look at Alterian and once again, it might be right for smaller businesses, not for a big corporation.

It takes a solutions architect like me to set it up because it's like setting up a database. You have to know what you're doing. There are a few things to setup at first, like defining if the SFMC is going to be the master data for the audience, or if it will sit in an external database.

I am part of the "vendor team". In my previous position, it was deployed through an external company which did a great job, and from there, I took the in-house work.

Not everything sold is vital, but there are advantages to having items like Journey Builder. The platform is worth the money for big corporations who want to take channel services to a higher level.

I arrived after the platform was selected, so I can't say much about that.

What other advice do I have?

I sincerely recommend the SFMC platform and advise you to hire a Solutions Architect to set it up. It is quite a complex piece of technology, full of nuggets that can only shine through proper care.