PeopleSoft Review

The most valuable feature is the collaboration that it provides between our procurement/purchasing and accounts payable.

Valuable Features

Our end process is going through multiple procure-to-pay systems. So the most valuable feature of PeopleSoft is the collaboration that it provides between our procurement/purchasing and accounts payable.

Improvements to My Organization

Because it links our procurement/purchasing and accounts payable, we have a single way to track transactions.

Room for Improvement

PCM, the procurement side, is weak and is far from the strongest product. It leaves a lot to be desired with the integration of the contract management module along with the purchasing. There isn't really a strong way to allow folks within the organization view access to contracts without bringing that down to low-level security. It's just not flexible.

Use of Solution

I've been with my current company for five years, and we implemented v9.2 in January 2014. Personally, I've used it for a number of years.

We've haven't had issues deploying it.

With our current implementation, we have some instability. But, I believe that that's something we'll overcome over time. Otherwise, it a mostly stable product, though there is still room for improvement in many areas.

As we've acquired companies, it's certainly been scalable for what we do with it. We've been able to integrate all of the pieces of the implementations back to new parts of our organization.

7/10 - Response time sometimes on what we consider critical issues to us isn't as fast as we'd like, especially with v9.2. We went in flat with 9.2.0, so there were a lot of bugs and things that we didn't realize were bugs until we called Oracle. Sometimes it was days waiting to find out if the issues we had had something to do to our system or whether it was with the product.