PeopleSoft Overview

PeopleSoft is the #1 ranked solution in our list of top Demand Management tools. It is most often compared to Oracle HCM Cloud: PeopleSoft vs Oracle HCM Cloud

What is PeopleSoft?
Oracle's PeopleSoft applications are designed to address the most complex business requirements. They provide comprehensive business and industry solutions, enabling organizations to increase productivity, accelerate business performance, and provide a lower cost of ownership.
PeopleSoft Buyer's Guide

Download the PeopleSoft Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2021

PeopleSoft Customers
BMI Healthcare, Lone Star College System, Jefferson County Public Schools, Griffith University, Los Rios Community College District, Tervita Corporation, INFRA S.A. de C.V., ICF Habitat, Central Washington University, Tech Mahindra Limited, Cognizant Technology Solutions, Stanford Childrens Health
PeopleSoft Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about PeopleSoft pricing:
  • "It's approximately $3,000,000 to $4,000,000 USD per year."
  • "The licensing cost for PeopleSoft is 3,500 per course and the annual subscription fee is 6,500."
  • "I don't know if they are still providing licenses or if they have suspending licenses."
  • "There are no additional costs for licensing."

RS
Manager at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
User-friendly and performs well but views should be simplified to one page

• "In general, this solution is user friendly and also performs well. There are two types of forms. One is a standardized form, which you can define things into. The other, you can customize so more repetition can be done in an even manner. That way, it can be designed for what the public or user actually wants. It's not very tough for any person, or layman to understand exactly what the screen requires one to do."
  • "I think the inventory part it should be simplified. There is the GR, or good receipt note, which is the time that the materials comes in, and the work days, etc. There is a lot of shuffling through pages, which creates a lot of problems for our users. They don't know which page to go to, where to create a GR, or where to create a stock entry. In other words, all the information is very daunting. It's very easy for people to understand and get a better clarity over it."

What other advice do I have?

Based on my experience, if your company is expanding on a very high level and already has good growth in it, you could do very well with Oracle. If you want to develop your own project as well, which involves standardized as well as customized forms, that would be another reason to go with Oracle. SAP has their own advantages as well, so I would not say that Oracle is the best platform. You could go with SAP also. It depends which company asks for which ERP software. I would rate this solution as seven out of ten.
Owner at kaydex systems ltd
Leaderboard
A stable system that is good for payroll, HR, and benefits

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is for HR, payroll, benefits, time and labor, e-pay, absence management, and position management.

• "Peoplesoft is the best payroll software in the market."
  • "If there is another release, they should look at going to mobile computing to stay competitive."

What other advice do I have?

It's important to know the product, but know the business, it's just as important. Most are going with cloud solutions because they don't want the IT departments. When you go with the cloud, you have to accept it, you can't change it. Anytime there is a change you have to pay for customization and that is very expensive. People should understand the features and the payroll policies to have it work correctly. PeopleSoft had Canadian and US payroll tables in the same table and you have to know or remember to put the correct payroll code. I don't believe in obtaining a license, it's about the…
Learn what your peers think about PeopleSoft. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
509,641 professionals have used our research since 2012.
RA
Independent Peoplesoft Consultant with 11-50 employees
The solution is stable and it is easy to set up and configure

What is our primary use case?

Our clients' primary use case of this solution is for paying their employees.

• "The new version of this solution is very scalable."
  • "There could be more adaptability of the system."

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution an eight out of ten. There could be more adaptability of the system because obviously it's much better now with being able to do your own reports and navigate around, which was not the case in the past. Perhaps the developers can also work on better reporting because I think there is still room for improvement in that area. My advice to others would be to believe in the system. This solution has the potential of making life easier, so it is just a question of adaptation to it. If users are willing to give the system a chance, it should work for them.
MT
Functional Consultant at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Core HR function management that is easy to use and has good technical support

What is our primary use case?

This solution is similar to SAP SuccessFactors, and Workday. PeopleSoft HRMS is an ERP software which was one of the leading successful software in North America, in the Canadian Region. We have implemented multiple modules that are the core HR function management, performance management, training, administrative training, access management, global payroll for India, and recruitment.

• "PeopleSoft is easy to understand, where any end user that is logged in can easily navigate through the menus."
  • "It would be helpful for the end-user if the reports were customized. They would be able to select the fields while generating their reports."

What other advice do I have?

There have been a lot of upgrades in the 9.2 version with the UI and implementation of data analytics, HR analytics, the analytics dashboards have been introduced, the mobility, and the ability to use PeopleSoft applications on a mobile device. The features are good but you will have to do cost-data analysis with other modules and if it fits you can go for it. It is a good product to go with. You get all of the features, and anything that you don't get, you can customize. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
ST
Senior Manager, Devops, Infrastructure, Reliability Engineering at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Customizable with a good interface, but is very bad in terms of performance, resilience, and scalability

What is our primary use case?

We use it for financial books. It is used for bookkeeping, accounting, and reporting. It is on-premise, and the next logical step in the journey is to either take it to a public cloud such as GCP or go for SaaS.

• "It is a customizable product. We can customize it based on our needs, which is one of the features that I like about PeopleSoft. As far as financial accounting is concerned, the user interface is very good. You can also configure Chart of Accounts for all performance insights."
  • "Scalability is not there in PeopleSoft. Its performance and resilience are also very bad. When you're trying to stretch it, it breaks. It is not resilient. It is also not stable. It is stable as far as data is concerned, but the infrastructure is not stable."

What other advice do I have?

I am not satisfied with this solution because its performance is not good. Everything Oracle promises is under-delivered. For example, version 12c of Oracle Database promises an in-memory capability feature, and they say that in-memory makes your workload super fast, but we haven't seen that improvement. It is a case of overpromising and under-delivering. It is also very difficult to adopt the features that Oracle keeps releasing. PeopleSoft is certainly very flexible, but we cannot use the new features. I wouldn't recommend this solution because PeopleSoft is now the end of life. There are no…
JB
IT Consultant at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Very good HR features, good stability and easy to scale

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution's HCM suite for HR.

• "The customizations allow us to come up with a lot of complex labor rules. In the Philippines, there's a lot of different kinds of rules you need to be in compliance with. The solution offers up a lot of flexibility and customization that is perfect for our region's requirements."
  • "Often support just asks people to install a lot of upgrades. Sometimes they don't really give you clear details as to why you need to upgrade. They just say, "You need to upgrade this because there's a newer image, etc". They never really give you the reason underlying why you are having errors."

What other advice do I have?

I'm a consultant; I've used the solution for five years and have marketed the solution for two years. We handle the private cloud deployment model with Amazon as the cloud provider. I'd rate the solution eight out of ten. If they offered easier integration, and maybe a broader library of APIs that can be utilized by third-party integrations, I'd rate the solution higher.
DA
Vice President - Enterprise Applications at a computer software company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Stable with good integration capabilities and has the ability to scale

What is our primary use case?

We are not deploying PeopleSoft for our internal process, but we are implementing PeopleSoft to other organizations. Clients primarily use it for their financials, for the HCM, and some of them do use it for their supply chain.

• "It's great for helping users deal with their supply chain."
  • "There can occasionally be complexity in the initial setup."

What other advice do I have?

We are an implementor and a partner of Oracle. In our client's environment, we are using the latest version of the solution. I can't speak to the exact version number. I'd recommend the solution to other companies, however, it all depends upon the maturity of the customer, and its ability to adapt to this Tier 1 ERP's expertise. I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten.
Head Of Risk Management at a financial services firm with 11-50 employees
Easy to install, has a good interface, and it integrates well with Exchange

What is our primary use case?

This is an ERP product and the best use case is to raise your query to the HR manager. There is functionality built-in for the staff to raise their queries direction to HR.

• "The PeopleSoft interface is very good."
  • "The whole systematic flow of any query raised to HR should be improved."

What other advice do I have?

I can recommend PeopleSoft to all institutions and companies. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
See 5 more PeopleSoft Reviews